Chapter 13: Don't wanna fall in love

We were still inches apart and my mind was struggling to make a decision. I didn't know if I was ready to handle Nick. He was something that I craved for but, I knew I would get hurt along the way. Not to mention Zion would be devastated about the whole thing. He would feel like I left him just to be with Nick. But, I didn't break up with him, he broke up with me. So if we're being honest, who date has no concern with him.

"Lauren?" Nick said in a questioning tone. "What?" I asked. "I need to know what's gonna happen from here. I didn't just lay everything I felt for you out in the open so you could pretend it didn't happen." He said. "I'm not pretending it didn't happen, I'm just making a choice." I said. "What do you mean making a choice. Do you want me?" He asked. "Yes." I responded while looking him in the eyes. "Then be with me." He said.

"It's not that simple." I said. "Yes it is. For once in your life you need to be selfish and do something for yourself." He said. He was right. I knew he was, but for some reason I just couldn't shake the idea that something bad was gonna happen. I didn't trust myself to be with him because every time I date someone, it ends badly.

"You just don't understand what's going on. I want you as much as I need air, but I don't want it to end bad. I'm risking a lot being with you. Zion is gonna be so hurt and who knows what everyone else is gonna think, and your entire Beanz community will think I'm some hoe that's trying to fuck all of you." I said. "But I don't give a fuck! Who cares what anyone else thinks. I love the fans but their opinion doesn't dictate who I'm with. I want you and only you, and nothing is gonna change that." He said.

"And are you sure about that?" I asked. "You don't know me at all if you have to ask me that." He said. Before I knew it, his lips were against mine and we were pulled against each other.

He made me feel so different. It's like nothing else mattered when I was with him, and that scared me. I didn't need to fall for him. Being in love was the last thing I needed. Hopefully Nick Mara was just a little infatuation that passed after my needs were fulfilled. I knew deep down that it was too late to turn around though. I had fallen for him a long time ago, and I didn't notice until now.

————————————————

Nick decided to stay the rest of the week and hangout with me. Yesterday all we did was eat and watch movies all day which was amazing because instead of ordering food, Nick decided to make us a pizza. Considering that he is Italian, he wasn't that bad of a cook.

He refused to sleep in a separate room so, we slept in my room together. I didn't want to move too fast so we just cuddled the whole night until we fell asleep. I woke up this morning to find nick in the kitchen, his hair still wet from the shower, and he was making us some waffles.

"Hey." I said wrapping my arms around him from behind and laying my head on his shoulder. "Good morning. I decided to get up and make breakfast since you were drooling on my chest and snoring so loud. It didn't seem like you were gonna get up anytime soon." He said. "Haha." I said sarcastically. "You act like you don't snore." I added. "I sleep like an Angel." He said. "Whatever I said.

I let go of him so he could make our plates. We sat at the bar in the kitchen and ate our food together. It was really good so I wasn't really paying to Nick. I looked up and saw him watching me eat. "Why are you staring at me?" I asked. "Nothing. It's just that I like that you're not like other girls. You don't care about eating in front of me." He said. I just shrugged my shoulders and kept eating.

After breakfast I washed our dishes and went to take a shower. After I got out, Nick was on the sofa scrolling through his phone. "So what do you wanna do today?" I asked. "I don't really feel like leaving the house because I'd have to deal with paparazzi, and I'm just not in the mood for all of that today." He said. "Yeah me either." I replied while sitting on the sofa.

"Let's play a game." He said. "What kind of game?" I asked. "We're gonna play truth or dare but, every time you refuse to answer something, you have to remove an item of clothing. The first person naked loses, and has to do whatever the winner wants." He said. "Wow you're being bold today Mara. Someone's ego is getting the best of them." I said in a teasing tone. "Wow. I was just tryna help you out since it's pretty obvious you want me to start stripping like magic mike." He said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"No way! You're just way to sure that you'll win. You'll be naked before I am." I said. "Okay then let's get started. No way in hell was I gonna loose this game. Nick Mara was gonna take his L today.