Chapter 39

I wake up, sweating and scared by another nightmare. I search for Harry but he is not in bed. Where is he? Did he leave? I quickly get up from the bed and run downstairs. I hear giggles coming from the kitchen. I glance at the clock. It's 6:30 in the morning.

I take quick steps towards the kitchen.

I see my mom and Harry laughing.

"Mom?" I say.

"Honey!" My mom squeals.

"Morning babe" Harry smiles.

Babe? In front of my mum? Shit!

I flush. He is calling me babe in front of my mom!

"Morning." I look at the floor and smile shyly, " mom, when did you come back?"

"Oh I...ugh.." She is turning red. Oh my god did she? Fuck!

"Alright! I get it!" I raise my hands in a defensive manner. I don't want to hear any details. She must have come in late, well that means......ugh! Okay!

"What are you both doing?"

"Harry offered me to help in making breakfast." She looks at him.

"Yes. I did." He bows.

I giggle at the thought of seeing Harry Cook with my mum.

"Okay , you guys keep going, I got a job to get to." I walk out of the kitchen. I remember that I have to join before Saturday and it has already been 3 days since I got selected.

"Job?" Harry comes after me.

"Yeah "

"Where?"

"Just a few streets away." I shrug

"Av, after what happened last night, you really wanna go alone ?" He whispers.

"I know, last night was terrible but you made it better." I flush, " and I can't keep hiding in here. I have to get out, on my own."

"Well, you are not going alone, I'll drop you."

I want to be with him but I don't want to bother him.

"No, Harry. It's walkable. I can go alone."

"Then I'll walk you but you are not going alone, that's it." His voice is order-y.

I sigh. "Fine."

Deep inside I'm happy that he is coming with me. I don't want to be alone and he makes me feel protected. Shielded and loved.

It's 6:55 now and we have had our breakfast.

"We are going mom!" I tell my mom and close the door.

"So, how far from here?" He asks as he hold my hand.

"3 minutes." I say as I look down at our hands linked together. I'm walking hand in hand with the boy I love on the streets of London!

"Here we are." I say as we reach Right outside the Starbucks.

"Here?" He frowns

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Would you mind if I come inside?"

"Errrr..."

"I could really use some coffee."

"Okay."

I open the door. I am hit my the delicious and strong smell of freshly ground coffee beans.

"Hey aviaaaa...... " Leanette's eyes are stuck behind me. Oh well yeah, Harry is standing behind me .