Chapter 40

I freeze in my place, stiff and cold. I can't stop glaring at the phone. Is he here?! The only thing in my mind right now is that he is sitting in this very room. I turn my head to see ,find the guy but how? I don't know what he looks like! He could be here!

"Anything wrong, Aviana?" Mr. Witherspoon clears his throat and glares at me through his half moon glasses.

"Errr... No sir." I stare down at my phone screen.

"You know , use of cell phones is forbidden in class."

"I'm sorry, I'll put it away." I slip my phone in my pocket.

"Everything okay?" Harry whispers.

"Yeah, everything is...errr...okay" I stutter, trying so hard to hide my panic.

"You know I can tell when something is wrong Av , what is it?" He whispers closer.

"He's here."

"Who?......Christ ! That son of a " he almost screams.

"Harry and Aviana! If you both don't want to be in my class then I'll be happy to walk you out." Mr. Witherspoon is grumpy.

"Sorry, sir" we both utter.

Mr. Witherspoon gives me and Harry Both a cold look before leaving.

"What?!" Harry shouts after Mr. Witherspoon leaves.

"I'm scared Harry. I knew it. It was somebody from here." I control the tears lurking in my eyes.

"Hey! You both coming?" Liam asks as he stands beside me. I try and hide my eyes as they are filled with tears.

"Yeah, we'll be with you shortly mate." Harry answers him.

"Hey, hey, don't worry. We'll find him." He pulls me closer to him and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"we'll get through this."

I nod.

"Hello, love birds!" Louis says as we walk towards the lads in the canteen.

"You guys spent 3 days together! gee get some distance now!" He teases us and everyone laughs, including me and Harry.

* * * *

My evening shift at Starbucks is over and I'm walking back home. It's only 8 pm but it's dark, It's cold and quiet. I pull my beanie on my ears and slip my hands into my coats pockets. I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around and I see a man, tall with his hood draped over his head and hands in his pocket,walking behind me. Nothing suspicious . He is just some guy walking home, probably. Nothing to worry about .

I comfort my heart. I keep walking but looking back thinking he'll go his way or maybe he lives nearby me.

After a couple of minutes I look back and he is still walking behind me but he is closer.

I notice a little change in his speed. He is faster like trying to catch up to me.

I start walking faster. I look behind and his pace is fast too, almost up to mine.

Shit! This ain't good!

I start jogging, faster, trying to get away from him and he starts running too.

Fuck! He is him!

I keep running faster and faster without turning back. Just want to lose him .

"Oh shit!" I hit a man on the shoulders and I fall on the ground along with his grocery.

"Are you okay?" He gives me his hand.