003-

"We literally live in paradise, and you wanna leave? I never truly understood you Kyanna... Perfection and Beauty is all around you, is within you, yet you don't take de time to stop n admire it." Kaiden spoke softly. Kya sighed as his arms wrapped around her.

"We have no time to appreciate this paradise." She answered, chewing on the inside of her cheeks as she played with his hands, his head resting in the crook of her neck as she leant against him.

"What about you? You have time to appreciate that? Us? What about the song I wrote for you- the one you insist on telling me still needs perfecting after almost ten years." He laughed softly as she frowned, he had her there.

"Mmm, I haven't heard that for a while." She leant back, focusing her green eyes on him, hoping- praying he would sing it for her. Not wanting to ask of course, he had to come to that conclusion himself.

"You feel like summertime,
You took this heart of mine,
You'll be valentine
In the summer,
In the summer." Getting up from behind her, she couldn't help but giggle as he danced for her.

"You are my only oneJust dancing, having fun,Out in the shining sunOf the summer

Just dancing, having fun,
Out in the shining sun
Of the summer.
Of the summer.... cmon summertime!!!" He groaned before dragging her to her feet. She sighed walking away from him, shaking her head.

"Do love me, do love me, do..." muttering to herself, before rolling her eyes and laughing as Kaiden appeared beside her.

"I love you,
Put no one else above you.
Your braids, your eyes, so summertime.
All I wanna do is to let you,
shine."

-

Rolling over she beamed, Kaiden plopping down beside her, his eyes only semi open as tiredness began to set in

Rolling over she beamed, Kaiden plopping down beside her, his eyes only semi open as tiredness began to set in. Pulling away stray hair that seemed to stick to the sweat on her face, he tucked it behind her ear. He did indeed loves those green eyes of hers. His heart wrenching knowing that he was only going to see them a handful of times before he allowed her to slip out of his hands.

"I love you summertime..." He kissed her nose as she began to tear up, the stupid nickname he had made up for her when they were ten still having a place in her heart. She remembered that day so vividly that it seemed like only yesterday when Kaiden has professed his love to her.

She smiled. "Do you remember how you came up with that name?" She yawned, pulling his arm over her so they could snuggle.

"Yes, like it was yesterday." He nestled into her neck with a sigh. "Yanno, I don't actually remember you telling me that you loved me back..." wracking his brain for that part in the beautiful memory, she laughed.

"Because I didn't!" She giggled as he joined her infectious laughter.

"Much like these days huh?" He groaned.

"I love you too Kaiden Maurice Brown." She said so full heartedly that it took him back. "Now tell me the story of the summertime nickname." She smiled as he sighed.

"I remember that we were at the beach with mama and Aunty mon, they left us to get some food telling us that they'd be right back... Oh yeah! You had the idea to race to our secret place, the last one being... What was it you said? I don't know, all I know is I sure hell wasn't about to be one whether I loved you or not. I beat you to the tree and you were sulking... I tried cheering you up by tickling you or some shit, it clearly weren't working, so I did the next thing to mind and told you exactly how I felt. Singing you the very first version of summertime magic, telling you just how much you reminded me of summertime. The magic, and- and just the atmosphere that summer brings. Declaring from then on that would be your name. And what did you say?"

"Keep trying, practice is perfection." Kya smiled, unable to help the tears that fell from her eyes as she turned to him for the rest.

"Mhm. Completely disregarding everything I just said. Deflating me completely... And that's how I knew you were the one Kyanna, my forever piece of summertime." He kissed at her tears, feeling the exact same way. Just refusing to shed a single tear until the day she left. "Our mamas came back just as we raced back, this time I let you win because you were such a baby about it last time! I kept working on the song, and I kept singing it to you just to have the same reaction.... Actually this was the first time you didn't say it, could this ... no!!! Wait! - Does this mean Kyanna Fenty actually liked MY work?!" He looked back at her surprised as she giggled through her tears.

"It was alright!" She laughed. "But practice is perfection!" She kissed at his lips, before muttering a quick goodnight, snuggling into him for a well earned sleep.