008-

Kya knew it was a mistake letting Kaiden comfort her in her time of need

Kya knew it was a mistake letting Kaiden comfort her in her time of need. She knew it would only complicate things further, when he popped his head through the door to check on her. But she must admit, it did help having his arms wrapped around her, she didn't allow it to go any further. Just simply a cuddle, that's it.

They talked until the early hours of the morning about how life could've been, if they had both been honest. Kaiden confessing that he was inwardly terrified to move across the globe, but would've done so in a heartbeat if he knew she was carrying his seed. And in turn she confessed all of the ill decisions she had made when it came to their daughter, and their separation. The two of them finally falling asleep around 2am, before Summertime decided to crash the party a little around 4.

"Kaiden!" Kyanna spat as his phone rang for the hundredth time, not even stirring him from his slumber. But had awoken her at just gone 6am!

She cussed as she ripped the covers off of herself and stomped round to his side of the bed, snatching the phone off of the side and answered it.

"Kaiden! Finally! I've been- I've been trying to reach you-" Kyanna froze hearing the woman's voice coming through the receiver.

"Who- Er, whose this?" Kya spoke quietly so she didn't wake her sleeping daughter or Kaiden, for that fact!

"Rhiannon... Whose- who is this?!"

"Kaiden's sleeping. Should I pass on a message or?-" Kya asked not all too willing to give away who she was, because Kaiden very clearly stated that he wanted nothing more to do with her.

"Kya?" The woman sounded surprised, something Ky found quite amusing. "It's nothing, actually... Don't tell him I called okay?"

"Are you sure because you've been blowing up his phone for the past half hour? Good thing it only woke me and not our daughter." Kya had this wicked grin on her lips, knowing that this was all getting too much for the other female in his life.

"Yeah, it's nothing. Sorry I disturbed you." And that was it, the phone went dead and Kya quickly snuggled back in to bed to hopefully catch a few more hours of shut eye.

...

Kya couldn't believe how things had drastically changed from how they were this morning

Kya couldn't believe how things had drastically changed from how they were this morning. Getting up and all eating breakfast together, almost like a normal family! Until Summer began to spike a temperature that they couldn't get down, began refusing her feeds and screaming as if she was in pain.

And now they were here in the paediatric hospital ward under the care of Michael. Kaiden wasn't best pleased with the situation, but given that they had no choice, he was willing to be civil.

"Is she okay?" Kya asked, chewing on her nails nervously. Thanking Jah that Kaiden was here with her, because she wasn't sure she would've been able to cope had he not been.

Michael nodded, "She'll be okay. We're gonna give her something to hopefully help take her temperature down and that should rehydrate her. It's nothing more than a nasty viral flu." He offered her a comforting smile, before nodding at Kaiden and leaving.

"That's really who you were about to replace me with?" Kaiden asked, watching Michael walk off with the shake of his head.

"What?! I mean he's kinda handsome, if you think about it... Besides I'd like to see this Rhiannon, bet she looks nothing like me! You were just deluded." She frowned, sitting back in her chair as she folded her arms over her chest. Her green eyes piercing through him. Did he sense some jealousy? He smugly flashed her a grin, before catching the tail end of what she muttered under her breath.

"What?" Kaiden asked, not entirely sure he heard her correctly.

"I said she didn't sound like me..." her statement coming off as confident before she began muttering again.

"What you mean she didn't sound like you?" Kaiden's brows furrowed as he instantly started going through his phone. Finding 9 missed calls from Rhiannon, and one received. His brown orbs instantly shot up to a guilty looking Kyanna.

"So I'm happy with Summertime's vitals, and am happy to discharge her from our care. But you have my number if you need anything, or if she changes.

"I'm not mad, I promise I'm not

"I'm not mad, I promise I'm not." Kaiden said walking into the room whilst Kya was settling herself down for the evening. Summertime was already asleep next to her on the sofa, the two of them coming to a mutual agreement that they wouldn't let summer out of their sights whilst she was sick.

"But..." Kya looked up lazily, already sensing that there was something he wasn't saying.

"But what? Nothing? She needed to know I wasn't interested anymore." He threw himself down on the sofa beside her.

"Well she didn't want you to know she called. But she was blowing up your phone, I tried waking you but you and Summer were out for the count! I knew if it was just ignored again she would keep calling. I- I didn't tell her who I was, I just, well she just pieced it together. You are telling me the truth right? You are really not interested in her? Because she seemed all caught up in whatever happened whilst you ran home to get more of your things. And-"

"Kyanna, she's in the past, the only women I'm currently interested in is you and Summertime. That's it!"