010

Austin was making up the spare room for Kya, it was only a matter of days, maybe even a week or two before she gave birth and her mama was coming down to be there with her. Austin had barely left her side, and when he did she knew it was because his fella on the side was calling. She didn't mind though, living vicariously through him and the stories he had to share. She was kind of proud for actually pursuing a singular man, rather than his usual handful of men.

"Kyanna!" Austin called, she struggled up and waddled to the spare room to find him. He was looking at a photograph that she had hidden away in there for good reason. "Is this Summertime's Father?" He asked seriously as she fell on to the bed with a sigh.

"Yep... That's Kaiden." She sighed taking the photo in her hands. "Actually..." she turned to the radio she kept, tuning it just right until she heard his beautiful voice. Although it wasn't quite as sunny as it once was.

"Good evenin wherever you are, whatever you are doing tonight... This is one of my favorites, written for my very own piece of summertime."

She beamed at the sound of his voice, before she was in tears listening to her song. Austin quickly wrapped her up in his arms, swaying to the beautiful song.

Kya looked around the airport, her mama nowhere to be seen

Kya looked around the airport, her mama nowhere to be seen. She turned to Austin, who shrugged, before glancing back to the escalator they both had been blankly staring at.

"I don't even know who I'm looking for Kya!! I'm guessing an older version of you!" Austin groaned as Kya giggled. "Like her!" Austin pointed at a woman, who looked strikingly like Kyanna, just with darker skin and a little shorter.

"Mama!!" Kya beamed running at her mother, despite being 9 months pregnant! Her mama wrapped her daughter in her arms tightly as the two of them cried.

Austin stood idly by for a moment or two, allowing the two women to acquaint themselves once again, before clearing his throat. He picked up the bags the woman had dropped at the sight of Kya and mentioned that he'd take them back to his car, Kya stopping him before he had the chance to get away.

"Mama, this is Austin! Austin this is my mama Monica." Kya beamed proudly as she introduced two of the most important people to one another.

"I've heard lots about you and ya sister!" Mama Fenty beamed before embracing the young man who stood easily a foot taller than her. Austin welcomed the hug, given the fact he wasn't given any other chance.

"I thank Jah that my baby has surrounded herself with such beautiful people who take care of her as much as she does them." Mama Fenty beamed before demanding they get home.

The drive home wasn't too long, the two catching up in no time, Kya could feel Summer kicking as she heard her Grandmothers voice. Austin quickly got a little jealous, Summertime was pretty picky with who she kicks for, always kicking for Uncle Austin but now he had competition.

"Austin!" Kya giggled peeping his jealous glances as Mama Fenty felt her stomach.

"Mama, ion wanna 'ear it!" Kya groaned covering her ears like a child. Shaking her head as Mama kept talking.

"Kyanna! The poor boy is hurting!" Mama said sternly as Kya uncovered her ears and slouched in her seat. Taking in a deep breath as she prayed she could take what she was about to hear.

"He turn up for work, he sings but he ain't really sing! He's hurting bad baby, he reads your letters and just disappears. You don't even give him a damn return address Kyanna! He don't know about this baby... All I'm sayin is he's disappeared for a while now no ones seen him, won't even let Joyce know his whereabouts. I pray he ain't do nothing stupid... But could you blame him?" Mama bowed her head as she heard her daughter sobbing, she knew she had dug too deep, but she needed to hear what her actions were doing.

"I'll leave you baby..." she kissed her head before leaving, retiring to the spare room for the night.