004

"Oh! Sorry I - I didn't think anyone else would be up here

"Oh! Sorry I - I didn't think anyone else would be up here..." Kya smiled shyly to the woman sitting on the rooftop of the apartment building, turning on her heels to go back.

"Hey, no worries." The woman spoke as Kya turned to her. "I'm Elyse by the way, you must be the new neighbour?" She spoke with her soft voice, walking to Kya before putting her hand out. Kya took it and shook her hand.

"I'm Kya..." She answered quietly.

The quiet of her new apartment seemed almost piercing, before she couldn't take it anymore, leaving the mountain of boxes to escape to the rooftop. Had she been home she would've escaped to the balcony.

"New to LA? Sit! Everyone needs a friend sometimes..." Elyse made her way back to the piece of furnishing ontop of the roof, Kya following her because in all honesty, she did need the friend.

"That obvious huh?" Kya sighed with a small smile on her face. Something about her new acquaintance seemed to reminder her of Kaiden, she didn't know whether this was factual or just because she was missing her partner.

As Kya sat beside her new found friend, the woman smiled. "I'll tell you the truth, I came up here to think a few things over... I reckon I can trust you..." she said before giving Kya a wary once over. "I'm pregnant, about 6 weeks and haven't yet worked up the courage to tell my partner"

Kya stayed quiet, almost in shock that she was in the exact same boat. Although they'd be no point in telling her partner, it would only make things a whole lot worse.

"Stupid huh?" She smiled sweetly at the quiet Kya beside her.

"So lemme get this right, you left everything behind in Guava? Wow! That's brave of you Kya!" Elyse sure seemed a heck of a lot chattier than Kya, maybe what she needed

"Well, I guess! But my hearts here." Kya answered shortly, wiggling her key in her apartment door. "You'll have to excuse the mess... I ain't done much"

"No worries girl! I'm just glad to finally meet someone who hasn't got their head up they ass!" Elyse said so honestly that Kya couldn't help but giggle.

"So where's Kelvin?" Kya asked quietly, knocking down a picture of her and Kaiden that stood staring at her.

"Work probably, no doubt he'll be home soon!... What's that?" Elyse asked curiously peeping the photograph now laying on its front, and the only thing seemingly unpacked.

"Nothing... Umm-" she groaned as Elyse picked the photograph up. Internally cringing, praying she wouldn't interrogate her.

"Guessing he's back in Guava too? Whoever he is, he's handsome though!" Elyse smiled, quickly scooting over to a sad looking Kya.

"Mhm, he he didn't want to come with so it's whatever..." Placing the picture back down face first she grabbed a leaflet that had been posted under her door. "Pizza?" She asked, handing the menu to her new found friend.

"You read my mind!! I swear this baby is addicted to carbs!" Elyse said practically drooling over the images scattered around the menu.

"Girl same..." Quickly shoving her hands over her mouth, her green eyes darkening to a hazel in shock. This was the first time in 6 weeks she had slipped up.

"You- You're pregnant?" Elyse scowled, quickly placing her hand on Kya's belly to compare it to her already rounded belly. "How far?! Girl you sure?" She asked still feeing for a bump.

"Well, Ion actually know.... I'm jus guessing around six weeks. Same as you!" Kya sighed a sigh of relief, feeling the weight she didn't know she had, lift off of her shoulders. Beaming as she could finally talk to someone other than her mother about the growing seed in her belly.

"Girl where?! You holding it in the back or something?!" She frowned as Kya giggled.

"Wait, can you do that?" Kya asked, she was honestly clueless about this whole process, even the after process. What the fuck was she supposed to do with the baby when it got here? But she was relieved she had someone to go through it with.

"You calling for the pizza or shall I?" Elyse asked nudging the menu over to her friend.

"What you want?" Kya asked, looking to her friend who was mulling over a few options. Kya already being set on a Hawaiian with extra e v e r y t h i n g!