Chpt 22 Peaceful

Author pov

"We made it. To the top!" Naruto yelled raising his hand thereby unbalancing both he and sasuke. "Dobe!" Sasuke scolded blah blah blah everyone laughed. Well, not everyone...

They're all noisy....

Rin paid no reply to the voice. Ever since that happened she had been ignoring him for a very long time. And I must say she was doing a pretty good job at that. She forced a smile and quietly ate her food.

You can't do that forever dear~

No reply.

Sooner or later....

Munch...

You will...

Munch munch munch...

Answer me...

Munch munch

When...?

Chomp

Aaah how about....

Chomp chomp chomp

At their funeral...?

SNAP!

She stared at the two halves in her hand and looked up to see everyone watching her. Our main character chuckled nervously and sheepishly smiled.

"Sorry 'bout that." She said and cleared her throat before leaving to the bedroom. Her new admirer following quite after.

Rin POV

Urgh. I wanted to scream! This guy was driving me nuts. Who did he think he was threatening me with them?

A very bad person....

My head was a dangling mess. I sat silently on my bed and took deep breaths to calm my self. He was trying to drive me insane and I was not gonna let that happen again. Once bitten, twice shy.

'What do you want from me?'

Nothing you can't give...

'And that is?'

Why don't you find out?

I seriously wanted to kill him. But I couldn't. This guy was baaad news. Very 'troublesome'. Then it clicked. I wasn't going to listen to his bullshit anymore.

So, all I had to do was wait for the mission to be over so I could meet Barbara. Simple. She'd know what to do with him.

If she had free time to do it...

'What do you mean?'

Did you really think you were the only one?

My face showed nothing but shock and pure horror. If Barbara had it did it mean this had something to do with the devil fruit? If that was so, this was going to be twice as hard.

Of all the episodes I watched nothing like this had ever occurred in One Piece. So if something like this happened here then it literally meant we didn't know the solution.

Knock knock.

Sasuke POV

I entered the room prior her response. Rin looked so troubled. Over troubled it seemed. I had never seen her look so terribly confused."Are you alright? " I asked calmly. She forced a smile I knew was fake from the way it settled uncomfortably on her pale face.

She knew I knew. So why did she still have to act like everything was okay. I knew she was strong but I wanted her to know she could trust me. So why did she still push my hand away?

It hurt me. I wanted to know what was wrong with her. "I'm okay Sasuke." She answered. I shook my head and sat beside her. "Don't lie." She sighed and let her happy facade drop. Like literally. I had never seen her this troubled now.

I placed my head in her lap and she begun to play with it. It was something we used to do as kids. Or something he used to do with her. Whenever one was troubled or confused about something, the other would allow them to play with their hair.

She must have realised this because she stopped. "Sasuke I-" "It's okay. I know mine is not long enough but its the least I can do." I pleaded. I didn't need to turn to see her nod and continue. She hummed a silent tune I recalled as my mother's.

I inwardly sighed. This was another reason I loved her. She reminded me so much of home and my clan. With her, it was like they were never gone in the first place.

I knew, that if my parents were alive? They would have accepted her as their daughter-in-law. She was perfect. I just wanted her to see that.

Meanwhile, in Rin's  mind...

I was so confused. I sighed again for like the hundred time before pushing whatever was bugging me at the back of my mind. This was clearly getting nowhere. I released my hand from Sasuke's surprisingly soft silky hair only to find out he had fallen asleep.

A small chuckle escaped my lips t the fact that he still had baby snores. The guy slept so peaceful as if he wandered in paradise. Maybe, I could be this peaceful. Someday.

In your dreams kid...

💢💢💢💢😠😠😠😠

'SHUT THE FUCK UP!'

Hehe. Well that'll be all folks. See ya later👋👋👋

Funish fact
My world was full of shock when I found out Sakura was purposely drawn to be ugly. Girls could kill for her beauty!😂😂😂😂