Chpt 25 Dangerous Saves

The bridge was a bloody mess. In the far end a not so beaten Uchiha knelt on the ground regaining his energy.

Just up ahead an angry blonde fought with monstrous chakra leaking. A little in front two S-rank killers battled.

The place was filled with heated tension as the bridge builder stood unprotected yet unharmed. "You!" A shout of disbelief was heard as the Uzumaki stared at the unmasked tracker nin in recognition.

From the distance, chakra gathered into the palm of the jonin sensei as sparks of lightening erupted. Feeling a sense of danger, the ice element user teleported to his senpai's side in attempt to take the hit for him. However......

It all happened in slow motion. A piercing scream was heard not from Haku or Zabuza. Not the bridge builder Tazuna or the blonde haired idiot Naruto. Not the Uchiha heck not even the white haired Kakashi.

Time moved back to normal as the soulless body of Gato dropped to the ground. There was only one person capable of doing this. One person and one person only.

"Whew, that could have been a disaster."

They all turned their heads to the young hyuga who was panting out of breath. She looked up and grinned. "Hi ya pals. Did cha miss me?"

No one moved, no one breathed. It all happened in a split second. "You." She pointed to the swordsman still panting. "He's dead now. *pant* Mission's over."

She coughed placing her hand on her heart in an attempt to stop it from beating out of her body.

"I think I'm gonna rest a while."

*Thud*

Before anyone could say or do anything the mighty heroine slumped to the ground. The only thing that could be heard was her soft snores.

Sounds of weapons dropped on the floor as the new spectators looked from their dead leader to the sleeping figure.

"What now?"

~I think I'm gonna timeskip on this one~

Rin pov

"She's awake!"

I heard someone shout a bit too close to my ear. Wincing at the sound I punched that fool in the face. "Aww Rin~chan that hurt believe it!"

I chuckled nervously at his bruised face. My eyes scanned the room for everyone. A smile of satisfaction reached my lips as my eyes landed on the two Hidden Mist shinobi. Good.

Sasuke had a bandage around his head and right arm. Apart from that he seemed okay. Kakashi sat at the corner silently reading his yellow book. Magnifico. I grinned at them all.

"Ah. There's my favorite hyuga student." I sweat dropped. "I'm your only hyuga student Kakashi."
I said. The jonin chuckled and ruffled my hair. "Good to have you back."

"Oi Sasuke. Aren't you glad to see me?" The raven haired grumbled something under his breath and walked over. "Hn." I playfully punched his shoulder. "Missed ya too buddy."

Someone cleared their throat. I looked over at Haku and Zabuza as they sat uncomfortably. Can't blame them. This was kinda awkward.

"Uh. Could you guys give us a minute...alone?" I asked my team. Kakashi smiled. "Sure." Sasuke was the first to leave, followed by Kakashi and then Naruto.

I shifted myself so that I was now in a sitting position on the bed. Zabuza was the first to speak. "Why did you save us?" He asked.

I placed tapped my finger on my chin. "I don't know. Why do you think I saved you?" I redirected the question.

This time Haku spoke up. "We're s-rank criminals. There could be a lot of reasons why you did." I hummed.

"True. But would you believe me if I said I did it because I believed in You?" Their faces morphed in confusion. "I want you guys to come to Konoha with us. I believe you can be good shinobi." I clarified.

Zabuza glanced at Haku, then at me. "Sure. We owe you our life so it's only fair we agree. " he replied. Nothing could explain the shock and happiness on my face. He accepted, that too so quick.

"What!" Naruto barged in. I rolled my eyes. Of course they'll be eavesdropping on us. "Naruto. You're too loud." Kakashi scolded.

"Though this will prove beneficial to the leaf. They have Intel on the Hidden mist and are powerful in their own way. We'd have the upper hand if a war was to break out." He said to himself, analysing the situation.

"So they can come?" I asked. Kakashi smiled at me. "Of course. That is if they have good intentions." He said.

I smiled back and hopped off of bed. "By the way Rin. Where were you?"

My insides froze at the question. "I went out to train but fell asleep and woke up lost. Sorry." I lied sheepishly.

There was no way what happened could have been a dream. But could it? It all felt so distant. Could the voice be my imagination also?

I stared at my hand and pumped chakra to my wrist. No mark appeared. Maybe it was. I shrugged it all off and smiled. It was good to be back to my old self.

"But I must say Rin. What you pulled out there was one dangerous save." Kakashi mused. I giggled. "I guess you could say that." I replied.

And that's it. A happy ever after, for now.

Rin: Wait. So does that mean Sasuke's feelings was also part of the dream?

Me: Hmmm. Never thought of it that way. Maybe?

Rin: phew that was close.

Me: Do you hate the guy? What's it to you?

Rin: Its just...

Barbara: *sighs* What a drag. Willy Lu's never had an admirer before.

Rin: *glares* traitor

Me: *bursts out laughing* Is that all? Don't worry 'bout it. There's plenty of time to think about that. Now run along children. Until the next chapter. 😊😊😊

Rin: okay don't need to be creepy about it. -_-"

Me: *chuckes* a bu-bye now. Little one.

Fanfact
So I was rewatching my episodes when something caught my eye. The wild blue beast of Konoha is actually acorn size!?

Gai: I WAS YOUNG!!!