Chpt 41 Dangle Jingle

The final part of the chunin exams. People were filling in as quick as they could. Anxious to see the matches.

I sighed and shook my head. Too bad they wouldn't be witnessing anything. With the invasion, it would be a gloomy day in Konoha.

Konoha.

Hokage.

After much thinking and calculations. I had arrived at a final decision. It was difficult to get the most possible solution out of it.

The last time I saved someone's life, it ended pretty badly. It took me a while to put two and two together. And when I did.....I still can't believe I did.

Haku and Zabuza had been wiped out of the plot. They simply became...nonexistent. All records and memories, gone without a trace. They were there. And they were not.

Zabuza was replaced by a man named Momochi Hakashi. Same clan, different family, different parents.

Hakashi  retired early and became a trainer of some sort. He built a school for only swordsmen deep into the mountains. Only a few know the location.

He was last seen in a small town called the baboon village. Basically because it was surrounded by just that. That's all the world heard from him.

I drew a huge breadth and slowly let it out. A small smile came to me by reflex when my gaze landed on an obnoxious loud blonde who was making his way to me.

"Rin~chan!"

He had a huge grin plastered on his face and a mischievous glint in his eyes. I widened my eyes at his clothes.

He wore a white top and black ninja pants. I was about to congratulate him when I saw the orange jacket tied around his torso.

My smile fell as I stared at him. He didn't seem to notice though. But laughed nervously and rubbed his back neck.

"Pervy sage and I were trying out a new technique and it kinda destroyed my old clothes. Believe it." I then realised that the jacket was indeed somewhat destroyed.

My hand brushed against the fabric. It felt so weak. Like even a normal breeze could tear it into two. But it seemed, despite its situation, he still didn't want to part with it. This was his treasure.

I smiled at the thought. I had never really had anything that was worth being a treasure. It was always boring give-away second hand clothes donated to the orphanage back home.

And here? What was here? My clothes were so many, even if they were all the same. But Naruto, he had only one.

I forced a smile on my face. " That's okay Naruto. It suits you."

His eyes sparkled and he grinned. "Thanks Rin~chan!" My facade fell and turned genuine. "No problem."

"Naruto?"

I turned to see Into looking at the blonde in surprise. Yeah, she hadn't really been the best to him. Shikamaru walked behind her with Choji who was stuffing his face with chips.

Oh yeah. Choji hadn't fought back at  the last round. Something about not being full enough. But I knew that wasn't the case. The boy was very kind. He could not stand being the only one to pass in his team.

"Wow. What's with the new look?"

Tints of pink spread across my teammate's face as he blushed from all the attention he was receiving.

"Even look at Sakura and Rin. I won't be surprised if Sasuke changed his too. So troublesome."

At the mention of said person, the blonde girl switched to fangirl mode and let out a squeal. We all winced at the loudness and the Nara wished he didn't say anything.

I chuckled and took my seat, pushing down the uneasiness I felt. This was going to be a long day.

_______________

The air was buzzing as the spectator's chants filled the arena. They wanted the Uchiha. To be honest, I was quite thankful that my match was after Sasuke's. I wasn't really in the mood to fight.

'I'm happy the invasion is happening before my fight because I won't be fighting my opponent then. I'd be battling enemy nin instead.' I mused.

But that wasn't the only reason why I was glad. To me, battling with the sound was a much much better idea than fighting Barbara.

Yep. I was officially toast.

I glanced at the enthusiastic crowd. Somehow, I had a feeling that they were excited not for the Uchiha's battle, but the one after it.

I was getting a bit antsy too. Even though we'd never had any serious spars, Barbara and I always tied. Any witness would think we were bent on killing each other.

But I'm pretty sure she was holding back as much as I was. It'd been 14 years since we were reborn. There was no way Barb could have only one devil fruit and I, two.

The two of us fighting at full power would be the same as two bijus fighting to the death. The people wouldn't live to see the end, to talking about speaking of it.

I laid back in my seat and placed my hand on the arm  of the chair and lazily rested my chin on it. I stared at the arena dangling a kunai on my middle finger.

Dangle

Dangle

Two bells mysteriously attached themselves to it. A white haired jonin recognized it all too well, and immediately reached for the string on his waste. He wasn't surprised to grab air. His eyes narrowed at my direction, suddenly became alarmed. Good for him.

Jingle

Jingle

I ignored the disturbed looks on their faces and stared ahead. This was a twist that involved a huge risk.

Dangle

Jingle

A smirk crept its way to my face as I watched the empty arena. The Sand Village just lost their weapon.