Chapter-10: Rumored Kiss

|| Arabella ||

I was riding a horse in my dream in the open field with a clear blue sky over my head. As if to disrupt my peaceful journey, Theo appeared beside me on his black horse, dressed as an evil magician. Along with him came a dark sky and a thunderstorm.

He started to poke my cheek with his antique wand, murmuring something incoherent, but I couldn't hear him.

"What are you saying?" I asked, trying to brush off his wand and straining my ear to hear him over the growling weather.

"... up! Wake up, Annabelle!" he hollered all of a sudden.

My eyes jolted open. But not in the field anymore, rather inside a car, in a dark parking lot. As I was trying to string my thoughts together, I felt hot breath tingle my earlobe.

Just as I turned my neck to the side, I found Theo's face only inches away from mine. For a few seconds, I just stared into his deep eyes blankly, my breath caught in my throat until a loud honk broke our trance.

My eyes widened in surprise, and so did his. He quickly settled back into his seat, muttering under his breath, "I should have just left without you."

I blinked a few times, adjusting my thinking process.

"I was only trying to wake you up, I swear. No perversion intended," Theo quickly justified.

A smirk made its way on my face as I feigned a scared look. "What were you doing to a poor innocent girl like me?" I covered my chest dramatically.

"Yelling in your ear to get you to wake up from your beauty sleep because we have reached school," he deadpanned.

"How can I believe you?" I demanded.

"Why not?" He narrowed his eyes on me.

"You're a hormonal teenager with needs, and I'm a young gorgeous pure maiden with a beautiful smile—"

His lips twitched upwards as he tried to stifle a laugh.

My nose flared in anger. "Hey, are you laughing at me because you don't think I'm beautiful? Well, excuse you. I don't need your trashy opinions—"

"No, it's just that," he laughed a little, "You would think that I would take advantage of you in a parking lot filled with our schoolmates, instead of at home where there's just the two of us most of the time."

Well, that certainly was... dumb.

I frowned and dropped my hands from my chest. "Whatever." I grabbed my bag which was now lying in front of my feet instead of my lap. I must have been in a deep nap. "Thanks for the ride," I said and got out of his car.

Today we managed to reach school early with lots of time to spare before the first period. Coral came early as well. She was always early. She had only been late because of her mom being in the hospital. But now, her mom was well and back at home. Her mom even started going to her job.

"Hey, good morning," I chirped when I found Coral in the cafeteria. The cafeteria was where everyone lounged around during their free time.

Her amber eyes were sparkling like cartoon characters for some reason and a mischievous look adorned her face.

"What's with that look?" I asked cautiously, taking a seat beside her. From the corner of my eyes, I noticed Theo joining his usual friends' table at the other side of the cafeteria.

"I heard from a little birdie that Theo and you were in his car k-i-s-s-i-n-g," Coral said in a teasing voice.

The first question in my head was, what the fuck? When did that happen?