Chapter-33: Remember?

|| Arabella ||

After the cake cutting, Theo's friends pulled him into a corner, teasing him to spill all the juicy details.

On the other hand, I was having a mocktail at the bar counter with Coral and some of my female friends.

"Arabella, can we talk?" Michelle asked all of a sudden.

I arched an eyebrow amusedly. "Wow, you remembered my name correctly. What made this miracle happen?"

"The news of you and Theo dating," she spat out.

I smiled and said, "Well, that's a miracle, indeed."

"Don't get smug with me. Break up with Theo," she said straight-out.

"Last time I checked, I was Ara's relationship advisor, not you," Coral quipped.

I gave her a narrowed side look and said, "You did nothing though."

"Hush. I was the first to ship you guys," Coral hissed playfully, and I rolled my eyes.

"So will you?" Michelle urged.

"No," I simply said, not saying anything further to not rub on her wounds. As much as it felt nice to claim my boyfriend, I could imagine how hard it must be to have a heartbreak.

"Fine," Michelle let out and took a few deep breaths. From what I could see, she was trying to control her tears. "Just so you know, the moment you let go of him, I'm grabbing him. Cherish him well." With that, she walked away.

"Well, I guess she's not as immature as she seemed, huh?" Coral commented.

"Pfft, no one wants to humiliate themselves in front of their crush's girlfriend," said one of my friends, Camila.

I nodded with a smile. "It's nice. I guess everyone is growing in their own ways."

I was about to turn back to my drink when I saw Theo waving at me. I raised an eyebrow in question. He motioned his thumb towards a door before heading out.

I excused myself from my friends and followed him in the directions.

Once I was out the door, I was pulled to the side by my wrist into Theo's arms.

"Hey," he said in a husky voice.

I didn't know why, but heat rushed to my cheeks. "Hey."

"Why are you blushing?" he asked curiously.

"I don't know. D-don't use that voice."

"What voice?"

"Just now."

"Oh." He smirked and brought his lips to my ear. He deepened his voice as he uttered, "This voice?"

A shiver ran down my spine as I got a weird but good feel in my stomach.

I decided to divert the conversation for our own sanity. "I can't believe everyone in the room knows about us."

"As they should. I don't want anyone thinking you're available."

"Hey, it's flattering to get a few confessions even if I reject them all." I pouted.

"Well, it shouldn't be more flattering than having an actual boyfriend."

I grinned and slipped my arms around his neck. "You're right about that." A wide smile spread across his lips before he kissed my nose. I giggled and asked, "Why did you bring me here?"

"To get my birthday kiss," he said in a matter-of-fact tone, pulling me closer to him by my waist.

"Oh, really?" I teased.