Chapter-40: Where I Belong

|| Arabella ||

"Theo, get that thing away from me!" I hollered, pointing my knife at the earthworm on the portable folding table.

"Be brave, Annabelle. You can do it!" Theo cheered, laughing.

"No, I can't! Move it! If no one removes it, I'm not making the barbeque!" I cried out.

Coral came and swatted the earthworm with a newspaper. "Easy."

"I don't understand how you're so scared of cockroaches, but you don't even bat an eye at slugs," Wyatt commented amusedly.

"Cockroaches are cockroaches. They are gross." Coral rolled her eyes.

"Ah, yes, slugs are very hygienic," Wyatt replied sarcastically.

I hugged Coral and said gratefully, "This is why I always wanted to date you."

"My goodness, my girlfriend is lesbian," Theo exclaimed.

"Yes, breaking news: girlfriend changes sexuality because boyfriend is a jerk." I stuck out my tongue at him, pulling apart from Coral, while he laughed.

"Ara, get the barbeque started. I'm starving," Wyatt whined, and I gave him an okay.

Right now, Wyatt, Coral, Theo, and I were near the coastal area of San Diego, camping. We drove here by car this morning.

It has been six months since Theo and I started dating. Wyatt has already graduated from high school, and he was going to go away for university next week. So it was kind of like his farewell get-together. I was going to miss him a lot.

Coral and Wyatt decided to stay in a long-distance relationship for their university life since Coral wasn't going to sacrifice her dream of studying at the University of California while Wyatt was going to Stanford University. I knew their relationship was going to go through a lot because Coral might have some insecurities, but I had faith in Wyatt. He was going to give her the assurance and security she needed.

And of course, I had trust in Coral too. She wasn't going to let go of him. Not after she claimed him as her boyfriend and future husband three months ago. Wyatt literally had no way out of it. He was stuck with her forever. Good thing was, he loved her and wanted to be stuck with her.

As for me and Theo, we hadn't talked about our future yet or where our relationship was headed. I was scared to talk about it, to be honest, so I was putting it off as much as I could. But no doubt, we loved each other. Hence, I kept assuring myself everything would be alright.

"Need some help?" Theo asked, wrapping his arms around me from behind, as I was cutting the capsicums.

I frowned and pointed the knife at his chin. "No, go play with your earthworms."

He grabbed the knife and set it down. "C'mon, I'm sorry," he mumbled, kissing my cheek. "You just looked too cute, threatening the earthworm with your knife."

I sighed and leaned my head back on his shoulder. "I'm going to die of a heart attack to look cute for you."

He chuckled. "Well, then I'm going to have a heart attack from your cuteness."

"Before that, biology is going to have a heart attack due to our non-scientific cringiness," I deadpanned.

"Good. I hate biology," he said and trailed his lips over my jawline to my ear. I shivered, tilting my head to the side to give him more access.

Just as he started to kiss my neck, Wyatt yelled, "Would you guys please continue this after you get me something to eat?"

"There's a bag of potato chips in the car. Eat that." Theo glared at Wyatt.