Chapter-19: Unplanned Date

|| Arabella ||

Finally, Wyatt's SAT exams were over. It felt like forever. I was a coffee-making machine for the whole week. Only serving him coffee was my purpose.

Since all of that was over and Wyatt was free, I was now trying to coax Coral to go on a date with Wyatt.

"Look, just give him one chance, okay?" I pleaded.

"No," Coral declined flat-out.

"C'mon, it's just one date!" I cried out.

"I already rejected him."

"And he took it well. See how mature and calm he is? He didn't even cry when he got home." Theo and I were fully prepared to comfort a heartbroken Wyatt on the night of Halloween with blankets and ice creams, but we were so disappointed to see him all normal, we almost started an onion cutting fest to make him cry.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. He's mentally strong." Coral rolled her eyes and sat on her bed.

"Then what's the problem?"

"That's the problem. What if I end up liking him?"

"Then you date him, duh!" I exclaimed giddily, and she glared at me. I toned down my excitement and sat beside her. "Hey, just give him a chance, okay? Leave it to fate. Don't worry about the aftermath," I told her.

Coral stayed silent for a minute nodding. "Okay, fine."

I squealed and hugged her. "It will be great, trust me."

———

"The only thing you have to do is be yourself. Don't get nervous," I advised.

Wyatt took a few deep breaths and nodded.

"Dude, you seem more nervous than when you're going for SATs," Theo commented.

"Not helping, Theo," I remarked.

As Wyatt glared at him, Theo massaged his shoulders and said, "Relax. Girls love you, and Coral doesn't yet because you haven't shown her your real side. So go win that heart."

"Okay." Wyatt checked if everything was okay and said, "I'm leaving then."

"Alright, best of luck!" I cheered as Wyatt left through the front door to go pick up Coral from her house. "Oh, my God, I can't believe it! They are going on a date." I squealed.

"You're like a mother who is leaving her son at kindergarten for the first time," Theo deadpanned and plopped down on the couch.

I placed my hands on my chest and murmured, "I do feel like that."

"Drama queen," he uttered.

As my excitement died down, I realized I had no plans for today. I pouted and mumbled, "I'm bored now."

Theo chewed on his bottom lips in deep thinking until a smirk formed on his face. "Wanna do something fun, Annabelle?"

———

"Seriously, this is your idea?" I exclaimed, pointing at the blue car parked in front of a restaurant.

Theo nodded. "Why not? We are going to be worrying about them at home either way."

"Yeah, I guess." To be honest, I was even curious how Wyatt and Coral's first date would go.

"But what's he buying?" he implored, straining his neck to see what his cousin was buying.

"Probably some substitute food, in case they can't eat what he prepared," I replied.

"Prepared what?"