Chapter-14: Shame In Elevator

|| Arabella ||

Even though I ran as fast as I could, it turns out that my short legs would never be able to outrun Theo's long ones.

After not even three minutes, he caught up with me. I was going to holler out some meaningless apologies when he tugged me by my wrist and yanked me backward, making my chest collide with his.

"Now, where will you go, Annabelle?" He locked both of his arms around me. Our chests were flushed together, while I panted from my short run.

Why was I running again?

"So what? What will you do to me? You won't hit a girl now, would you?" I instigated. I kept my head tilted back as far as possible to not have his hot, distracting breath fall on me.

Just then I felt my left cheek being stretched. "But I can do this." He pulled my cheek even more as I winced. "This doesn't count as abuse, does it?"

"But I didn't abuse you—"

"That would have been better, but you chose to embarrass me in front of all those people," he said, squeezing my body tighter as if it was supposed to be some sort of punishment. But somehow it was, I was hyper-aware of all the places that our skins were in contact with, and those places were tingling.

"Oh, c'mon, those people don't even know you," I reasoned, trying to keep my tone brash.

"But now they know. I'm that boy with the moaning ringtone in the shopping mall." I tittered, and he glared at me, continuing to speak, "And they will tell their friends and family all about me while gossiping over dinner."

"You will be famous," I let out, suppressing my laughter.

He let go of my left cheek and pulled on my right one, but not in a painful way. "Infamous, to be precise." With that, he let go of me all at once as if he had run out of his use for me.

I was confused as to why he did that, but when he motioned his head at the many people gawking at us, I understood.

"Isn't that the boy with the moaning ringtone?" someone commented, pointing at Theo.

Theo scowled at me as if screaming at me that it was all my fault and now he would never come back to this mall again.

I looped my arm with his, flashing him a big grin. I had my fun, now it was time to let him have some too. "How about we watch a movie to let things cool down?"

He narrowed his eyes on me.

"C'mon, we have plenty of time left. I'll let you watch a movie of your choice, and of course, I will pay," I insisted since I had some leftover money from my hair, which I wouldn't need anymore as I had a part-time job now.

"Okay," he agreed skeptically and brushed my arm away, walking towards the elevator. The movie complex was on the fourteenth floor, so it would be easier to use the elevator than the escalator.

Once we entered the elevator, I felt like the escalator might have been the better choice because it was so crowded inside. Lump of meats and sweats flushed together.

I somehow got pushed to the corner with Theo beside me. It was hard to breathe in this cramped place, and it only got harder when a shocking ringtone rang up and my purse started buzzing at the same time.

Everyone's eyes widened in the elevator at the sound of high-pitched moaning.

I snapped my head at Theo who was grinning right now. It definitely wasn't his ringtone because he changed it right away, and my purse was buzzing, which would mean—