Chapter-26: Good Luck Charm

|| Arabella ||

I stretched my arms, letting out a yawn. I glanced at the clock to find it was almost midnight. I took quite a bit of time to finish revising.

Finals were starting tomorrow, so I was studying all day.

I realized that I liked studying in the living room—to be precise, on the comfortable couch—more than I did in my bedroom, so the living room has been off-limits for both Theo and Wyatt.

"Are you finally done?" I flinched at the sudden voice. I glanced at the source to find the owner peeking his head out from the hallway, asking for permission if he could come in.

"Yep," I chirped, raising my fist to show him victory.

"Can I come in now?"

I laughed and said, "Come, I won't throw a cushion at you anymore."

A few hours ago, when Theo had come to brag that he was finished revising everything, I threw a cushion at him out of annoyance. Just because I liked him now didn't mean I was going to let him annoy me all he wanted.

Theo came and sat down beside me on the couch. "So are you nervous about tomorrow?"

"Nope. I'm never nervous about exams. All I do is be positive that it will go well," I answered.

He smiled. "That's good to hear."

I felt like lying down to take a rest since my shoulders were aching a little from sitting up for so long, but at the same time, I felt lazy to head to my bedroom. I could just lay on the couch, but Theo was sitting beside me.

Oh, well. There's no other option.

I rested my head on his lap, laying down on the couch. I felt him flinch slightly until he stopped moving altogether as if he stopped breathing.

I stretched my limbs and turned a little, wrapping my arms around his waist, almost hugging him. I felt warm; it was just like finding comfort in my mom's lap.

As Theo didn't respond and remained still, I wondered if he was disliking it or that I was crossing any limits.

I was about to backpedal when I felt his hand on the top of my head, settling me down again.

I smiled widely and mumbled while nuzzling into his stomach, "I'm too tired."

He only hummed in reply as he started carding his fingers through my hair. I closed my eyes, letting myself indulge in the warmth and gentle care.

Really, I was so lucky.

Not many girls get the chance to just casually lay their heads on their crush's lap. Perks of him being my roommate.

It was hard to believe that only a few months ago I was dreading to live with him, and now, I was considering myself lucky for it. I thought that day was the worst when I came to know he was my roommate, but clearly, that was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Oh, God, I wanted him to be mine so bad. But I promised myself that I would wait until our finals were over.

Sleep started to coat my eyes, but I was determined not to fall asleep. If I did, he would have to stay here the rest of the night, or worse, leave me alone here.

Just then I felt his lips close to my hair as he whispered, "You can sleep." With that, I closed my eyes, letting sleep take over me.

———

"—ra, Theo!"

My eyes snapped open at the loud voice of my older roommate. Instead of looking over at Wyatt, I was more surprised to find that Theo was still here and my head was still on his thighs.