Chapter-29: Best Gift

|| Arabella ||

"I'm sorry. I confessed to you by mistake—" I started to say, but the old man cut me off.

"Oh, no, no, it's destiny. You even know my name." He smiled creepily at me.

"What? I don't know your stupid nam—" I paused, realizing something. "Your name is Theo?!"

Oh. My. God.

I mistakenly confessed to the wrong person with the same name as the guy I liked. Why didn't I ever win a lottery with this kind of luck?

He nodded and said, "Theo Hoovers. But I'm sure you already knew that. After all, our connection is so strong."

I frantically shook my head. "No, I did not know your name. I was calling for—"

"It's okay, darling. You don't have to be shy around me. I like you too. You're so beautiful. Jesus really has blessed me to give such a wonderful bride to me," Mr. Hoovers expressed, and I cringed.

He was a pedophile, no doubt. He was at least five times my age. And he wanted to marry me—which I have no idea where he heard that from. Just the thought made me want to hurl.

"You're mistaken—"

"I'm not. You're just perfect for me. I'll make the happiest wife in the world." He started ogling me from top to bottom as if he was undressing me with his eyes.

I steeled my nerves and said, "Listen, mister, I don't want to marry you—"

"Oh, so you're just looking for a one-night stand. That's fine by me too." He started licking his lips and started approaching me.

What the fuck is going wrong with this dude?

A one-night stand with him? His skin was going to fall off if I stretched it too hard. And could people over eighty even have sex?

I was backing away when one of the doors in that hallway quietly opened up behind the old pervert, and Theo came out. He was holding a charger in his hand.

Oh, so that's where he went.

Wait a minute, did he hear what I just confessed to the old geezer? Was he thinking I was into older men who could be my great-grandfather? Or, did he understand that the confession was meant for him? Either way, fuck.

Theo waved his hand at me, getting my attention. He was mouthing something to me, but I was too lost in my own head to understand while the old man kept stepping closer.

I saw Theo let out a frustrated huff and threw the charger at Mr. Hoovers' head, who let out an 'oof'. I almost giggled as the guy almost doubled over from that.

Taking that chance, Theo ran up to me and grabbed my hand, and made a run for it with me.

We both ran to Theo's bedroom and closed the doors. I laid down flat on his bed, out of breath. The mansion was really huge, okay? Running from one end to the other without stopping was exhausting.

Theo laid down beside me.

I turned my head at him, so did he. We both stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds before bursting out laughing like maniacs.

"What the hell just happened to me?" I asked near the end of my laughter.

"You almost got laid by an old geezer," he laughed more.

I froze.

"That means, you heard everything?"

He stopped laughing as well and slowly nodded.