Chapter-21: Unknown Desires

|| Arabella ||

"We look like a group of Kpop idols," I muttered under my breath, trying to pull my hoodie as low as possible while the students gossiped about us.

"I bet even they don't try this shitty color," Theo responded.

"I swear if Coral cancels the date because—"

Just as Wyatt started to take Coral's name, she popped out. Speak of the devil. "Oh, my God! Theo, what's that hair color?"

She noticed Theo's hair first because he didn't wear a cap or hoodie to cover it, proudly showing off that even neon green looked good on him. He was confident, but still an eyesore.

"Thought of trying a unique color." Theo ran a hand through his hair, and Coral laughed.

"I'm running." Wyatt tried to slip behind me, but I held him in place by the strap of his bag.

I wasn't going to drown alone, hun.

"Oh, but why don't you take a look at Wyatt? He looks the best in it," Theo jostled, and Coral looked at Wyatt.

She squinted her eyes before flipping off the cap from his head, bursting out laughing, while Theo did the honor of pulling down my hoodie, making her laugh even more.

"A-are you guys tripleting or what?"

I smiled painfully and nodded.

"You should have told me too," she said.

"Oh, you want to?" I grinned evilly.

"No, thank you." Coral put a hand in between us to stop me from approaching, stifling her laugh.

I started to say, "You should—"

"What are you guys laughing at them for?" Coral snapped, shutting up everyone in the hallway who had been making fun of us.

"They are just jealous that they won't ever look half as good as us with this color," Theo quipped.

"Exactly, and even if they look bad, you guys don't get to laugh at them. Only I can," Coral declared. She has always been quite confident around the crowd and very protective of the people she cared about. I loved these qualities about her.

A red-haired girl came out of the crowd and started accusing, "Oh, really? We get your relationship with Annabelle—"

"It's Arabella!" I interrupted.

"Whatever. Your name's Annabelle," the girl continued to say.

I shot a death glare at Theo for being the reason for this. He raised his hands in surrender, shooting me a sheepish grin.

"So Coral, we understand your friendship with Annabelle. What about Wyatt and Theo?"

I wondered what this girl's problem was. She must like Wyatt and be pissed at Coral for the stunt Wyatt pulled yesterday.

As usual, Coral got tongue-tied. She couldn't name her relationship with anyone. She was even hesitant to call me her unbest friend. I knew Theo and her were pretty good buddies from their few combined classes, and Wyatt was a whole other story.

"We are two people who like to gossip with each other in class and fight over who is the worst teacher of our school," Theo said nonchalantly and high-fived Coral, who gave him a thankful smile.

But I could see that she was nervous about what Wyatt would reply. Their relationship was complex. They were dating. At the same time, they were not.