Chapter-27: Cherished Memories

|| Arabella ||

The finals were over a week ago, and the winter vacation had started. The exams went pretty well. Though I struggled a little with Math, the other subjects were like a breeze.

Right now, we were doing the Christmas gift exchange in advance since Wyatt wouldn't be coming with us. Theo and I were leaving for Atherton tomorrow morning.

"Please let me get the velvet box, Santa," Coral chanted.

I laughed as she was blindfolded and kept reaching out her hand, hoping to get the small velvet book.

The four of us had our gifts on the coffee table, and each of us would be blindfolded when we'd place our hands on the present. In that way, we wouldn't know what we were choosing.

As much as Coral wished to get the velvet box, she ended up with the green one. She ripped off the black piece of cloth and pouted. She shook the thing, trying to guess what was inside.

"Whose gift is it?" she asked.

"Mine," Wyatt responded.

"This better be good." She gave him a narrowed look.

He chuckled and said, "Trust me, you won't regret it."

Next was my turn. I started walking straight, fishing my hand around blindly. I was hoping to get the velvet box too. Because it was Theo's present.

Luckily, I got it.

"No fair. I wanted it. Ara, switch with me," Coral whined.

"You don't even know what's in it," I pointed out.

"I know. I saw Theo wrapping it. I was going to buy one for myself last month, but I ended up buying something else," she groaned.

I stuck my tongue out at her and said, "Sorry, but it's mine."

I sat back on the couch and watched Theo place his hand on the pink box with his blindfold, which left Wyatt with the red box.

Oops. Wyatt got the wrong gift. I was hoping Theo would get it 'cause I originally got it for him. Well, whatever. No one would know.

"Okay, time to open the presents," Coral chimed, and all four of us opened them at the same time.

I got AirPods with a wireless charging case. No wonder Coral wanted them. She had been wanting them, but due to her mom not agreeing to give the money, she was stalling. Meanwhile, I didn't want them because I would be wasting too much money. I was fine with my earphones. Still, it was nice to have them.

I heard Coral gasp. "Oh, my God, this is even better than the AirPods." She was holding a DSLR camera.

"I told you that you won't regret it." Wyatt smiled at her, and Coral kissed his cheek.

"What the fuck?" I turned my attention to Theo who was holding a small purple glass perfume bottle in hand.

Coral and I burst out laughing as he sprayed some on his wrist and inhaled the scent.

"This is ladies' perfume. What am I going to do with this crap?" he complained.

"Hey, it's expensive," Coral said.

"It doesn't change the fact that it's like gifting a legless person with sneakers," Theo deadpanned.

"If you don't want it, then give it back," Coral demanded.

"No, why should I? I'm keeping it. I'll give it to my cousin," he said, keeping the bottle to him, and she frowned. "Also, why would you get a ladies' perfume for a Christmas gift?"