Chapter-34: Mine and Yours

|| Arabella ||

Coral was getting me ready for my first official date with Theo, and she was on the verge of ripping out my hair due to frustration.

"Oh, my God, why are all your dresses so innocent? Where are the slutty ones?" she shouted.

"Why are you even looking for those clothes?" I asked flatly.

"It's New Year's Eve, girl. You gotta dress to make Theo drool a little," she said while ruffling through my closet.

I rolled my eyes. "He has literally seen almost every outfit I own, including my PJs."

"Thank goodness, there's at least one disadvantage of him being your roommate," she grumbled.

"You're just jealous that you don't get to spend as much time with Wyatt."

"Shut up. Lemme find something good."

I frowned and continued chatting with Theo over the phone.

Theo and Wyatt had taken Susan to Disneyland. Coral and I thought it would be a good time to let the cousins bond. They would drop Susan directly at the airport on their way back.

Theo sent me a short video of him and Mickey Mouse mascot person sending hearts to me. I giggled and sent him a hand heart too.

"Ugh!"

I looked up at Coral. She was fuming.

"I'm going back to my place and bringing some clothes over, and I swear the first thing we are going to do after New Year's is go shopping!" With that, she stormed out of my room.

I shook my head in disbelief and continued to chat with Theo. Before I knew it, Coral was already back with a bunch of old shopping bags.

She started spreading them all out on my bed. "Stop grinning at your phone like an idiot. Come here!"

As I didn't pay any heed, she snatched my phone out of hand and put it in her pocket. I pouted but started obeying her.

After much trialing, she decided on a white crop top and short sequin silver skirt.

"It looks good," she let out.

"Are you crazy? I'm going to wear this thin top in this cold weather?" I exclaimed as the top was backless and had criss cross spaghetti straps on the front.

"Wait, I've got an idea for that." She rushed to grab a black leather jacket and draped it over my shoulders. "Now you're perfect."

I hummed, satisfied with the way I looked. It was way more revealing than I usually went for, but I guess it was fine.

"Now, help me choose something for myself."

"Okay."

Since Coral and Wyatt also had a date, I helped her pick an outfit. By the time we were both ready, we got messages from our respective dates that they were waiting in the parking lot.

Both of us grinned at each other and headed out.

As soon as we reached downstairs, Theo and Wyatt came out to greet us. My eyes only focused on Theo from there, completely zoning out from what the other couple was up to.

"Hey, you look gorgeous," Theo said in awe, reaching out his hand for me to hold.

Blushing, I took his hand and replied, "You look handsome too."

Smiling at me, he opened the passenger door for me, motioning me to get on in an exaggerated manner with a bow. "Get in, my princess."

I kissed his cheek and said teasingly while getting in, "Thank you, my prince."