Chapter ten

Lauren's POV
My heart was racing he couldn't be dead he just couldn't! "Stay strong for the lil guy please" Lauren whispered in his ear. The monitor started beeping very slow and Grayson's big green eyes began to open. "Where's my little man" Gray said smiling. Carlos stopped crying and ran towards his dad. Ari picked him up and put him in there.

"Welcome back soldier" Ari said. "Your here" Grayson said in a questionable tone. "Yea cause we have a son" Ari said laughing. "Daddy, daddy Good morning can we go play game" Carlos said. "Yea junior hold on for one minute ok" Gray said. The doctor came in and checked everything. "He'll be fine to go home if he has someone to watch him.

Since he was shot in the chest barely missing his heart we will need to see him again this week" Doctor Nelson said. "I don't think I have-"Gray started but Lauren cut him off. "That fine Doc I got him let's get him out". "Alright follow me to sign the release forms" Nelson said. As I went to sign his release forms he grabbed my wrist. He pulled me down to him and whispered "thank you babygirl but you don't have to".

"But I want to" Lauren said. I kissed his forehead and was walking away when I heard Junior say "I think you really like her daddy, but why don't you like mommy". At this point I just walked a little faster. I didn't know how he was going to explain that but I knew he would do it to the best of his ability. I walked back to the room and seen that Ari was about to leave.

"Bye Lauren nice meeting you, take care of the old man" Ari said laughing. I just laughed. "Come on its time to go home" Lauren said. Gray was in a wheelchair and Carlos was In his lap. I pushed them out and put them both in the car. "Did somebody say food" Grayson said. "Nope don't recall, you hearing things" Lauren said. Grayson just leaned over and cuffed her face and kissed her softly and slowly. "I'll get my snack later" he whispered.