Chapter thirty-five

Grayson's POV
Now we all have the suspicion that Elise isn't mine. But i think we all know i hate to see a kid without a father. That's why i think my sister got with that guy she did. She didn't have any example and our mother was out doing her own thing. Marcus and i tried helping her out but she never cared. I know i was younger than her but trust me i knew some stuff. I went to the hospital with Alexis to see if i was Elises father or not.

I didn't know if i was fr or not but i didn't think the time frame matched up to well. The test was gone take awhile so we sat and waited. "You know i want you to be her father but i don't think you wanna be" Alexis said. She looked drained. "I have a soft spot for kids" Grayson said. She just smiled. She was holding Elise and i couldn't help but think she wasn't mine. She just didn't look like me. The nurse came out with the results. "The results say that Grayson Williams is not the father of Elise Zander". I just sighed. Not in relief but kind of sadness.

I reached for Elise and picked her up. I headed out the hospital with her in my arms. I didn't want the life for her that my sister had. I wanted her to see what a good man really looked like, what a real man really acted like. I seen the smile on Alexis's face. She was happy. I could tell she wanted me to be her father so bad. Elise was two year younger than Carlos. "Do you know who the father is" Grayson said. "Yes, it's not a great one but i know" Alexis said. "Royal. The brother to Reign." Alexis said. "Hell nah he ain't getting near her. He can't know that's his baby" Grayson said. "He will use that girl in anyway possible to get more people on his team. I can't let him know that's his child. Between me and you Elise is not my baby. To everyone else she is, ill take my chances" Grayson said. This was gone be hard raising a kid that isn't mine but it's better than option B.

4 months later

Lauren's POV
I was living on my own at the moment. My baby was about to arrive. I chose not to know their gender. I want it to be a surprise. I was packing my bags and heard the door bell. I went to answer and seen Carlos and Grayson. "Can i help you with your bags" Grayson said. "Sure, where is Ari" Lauren asked. "We got in a fight a month ago she went to visit her mom for a little while" Grayson said. "I checked on her but she always said she was ok and didn't need anything". "You wanna know who the father is" Lauren said. "Very much so" Grayson said.

  "Where is Elise" Lauren asked. "With her mama" Grayson said. "Oh, i needed to ask you something" Lauren said. "What's tha—" Grayson said in shock. "I think my water broke" Lauren said bending over in pain. "I believe so" Grayson said. Grayson helped to the car and buckled Carlos in. He held my stomach on the way to the hospital and told be to keep breathing every thing was fine. I could tell he did this with Carlos. He was kind of a pro.

We arrived to the hospital and i went in to labor. Grayson was there every step of the way. I had my first child. And it was a babygirl. They also had the results of who the father was. "Ma'am Grayson Williams is the father" the nurse said. "My first daughter" Grayson whispered looking at her. I was really confused i thought he was Elises father wouldn't that be his "first" daughter.