The Trip

Peter walked onto the bus with his backpack swung lazily over his shoulder. He walked down the isle towards Ned but noticed he was already sitting next to a short blonde girl with thick round glasses. He grinned and turned away from them, walking towards the back where Mj was sitting. He sat next to her and she glanced over with a confused expression.

Her dark eyes examined him behind her book. She felt her heart flutter as he glanced over at her with his puppy eyes. His lips curled into a playful smirk. She felt her stomach drop and her face heat up. She shoved her face back into her book, trying desperately to hide her weird symptoms. She watched as Peter glanced his head to where Ned was sitting. Huh, never thought he would get a girlfriend first, she thought. Then smacked herself mentally because Peter looked over at her with an eyebrow cocked up. "What?" He said, his lips breaking out into a smile. She opened her mouth but nothing came out so she slid into the wall, and pulled her book closer. "No no no no, what did you say?" He said, pulling her book down. "I- I didn't say anything!" She said shyly. "Bullshit what did you say!" He said, sliding closer to her. She pressed herself against the wall of the bus as he leaned closer. Her eyes were wide and looked everywhere but his eyes. "I didn't say anything!" She warned. "Sure, I think you said that I was the cuter one." He grinned. She pushed his face away, "What the hell Parker" He chuckled softly. The drive to the airport was 3 hours and Mj was not ready to sit next to Peter Parker for that long.

She sighed as the rocky bus stopped at a red light. She was staring out the window and longing to walk around. She looked over at Peter and cocked an eyebrow when his head turned away quickly. She felt her chest heat up, was he staring at me? She thought. She shrugged and grabbed her sketchbook. Then she noticed Peter was looking down, his head hung low and his hands were covering his face. "Peter?" She asked softly as the bus pulled into a Starbucks parking lot. Everyone in the bus started standing up and walking out. Peter waited until everyone left. He looked up at her, his eyes red and watery. Her breath hitched. "Peter... are you okay?" She breathed, dropping her book and moving her hands onto his. Tears fell down his cheeks. "I-I" he started. She moved closer to him, ignoring the feeling in her chest. He choked and looked away. "Peter what's wrong? It's okay... you can tell me" She sighed. He looked back at her. She was taken aback by his eyes. They dark, darker than usual, and filled with pain. "I... I saw a painting... of Mr. Stark..." He poured out. "You were close with him... huh?" She said softly, carful not to hit a nerve. He nodded softly, "He was like a father to me.." She nodded slowly. "It's okay Peter... he did it for you, I don't think he would have done it if it weren't for you" She sighed. He nodded and sat up, wiping away his tears. She smiled softly and pulled away, leaning against the window again as the bus started filling again. She grabbed her phone and sketch book again, and started working on a new drawing, one for Peter.

After another hour, Mj was finished. She shaded in the shadows and made sure the lines were straight and clean. She ripped the page out of the book and shoved it into Peter's chest. She watched as he looked down at the fresh paper. His mouth broke out into a smile as tears watered in his eyes. He blinked them away and pushed it into his backpack. He turned to her with a sheepish grin, "so that's what you've been working on for the last hour?" She nodded shyly. "Thank you... Michelle I love it" he added happily. She smiled as her cheeks heated up. She looked out the window and felt herself start to fall asleep.

She woke up as the bus came to a stop. She glanced around and realized her wasn't pressed up against the window anymore. She glanced around and felt and arm resting on her waist. She looked up and realized she had slept on Peter. He was scrolling through Instagram and liked a picture Pepper Pots had posted of her and Tony on their wedding day. Mj sat up quickly, ignoring Peter's slight jump. She grabbed her sketchbook and shoved it into her black backpack. "Uhm... good morning" He joked. She swallowed down her smile, showing him she was putting her guard up again. Peter frowned and picked up his backpack, and glancing away, hiding his disappointment. She frowned and blinked away tears that she didn't even know existed.

They got to the plane that had first class reserved for their school. They're bags were already all at the hotel and now they just had to find seating. Mj sighed and went to the seats closest to the back. She sat in the seat next to the window and felt her anxiety engulf her. She felt herself shaking but couldn't bring herself back to consciousness. She felt the familiar sensation of her soul not being able to control her body or mind as it shut down. She felt the hot tears pouring down her cheeks as she curled into a ball shaking back and fourth, clutching her hands as her nails dug into her skin.

Peter rushed towards Mj, seeing her shut down. He slid down in front of her and pulled her arms down. "Michelle, Michelle! hey, hey it's me! Can you hear me? It's Peter! Cmon Michelle.." He said softly, trying desperately not to slip into the state she's in. "Cmon Michelle.." He breathed, pulling her onto the floor with him and hugging her.

Mj felt it all happening. She stayed still, wanting to reach out to him but her mind wouldn't let her. He's bad. He's going to leave you too. Don't trust him. You don't want him to hate you, do you? Don't let him in. Shut him out. Tell him to go away! Her mind screamed at her. She felt herself becoming more and more grounded as Peter soothed her. She pulled away, wiping her tears away angrily and curling into her chair. "Michelle... please let me help you." He breathed desperately. She glanced down at him, his eyes were pleading and filled with tears. She looked away and stared out the window. There were two seats to a first class seat. There were two first class seats next to each other. Mj moved over, allowing Peter to sit with her. Ned and his "friend" walked over to them happily. Ned noticed Mj's tear streaked face. "Mj.. can we sit here?" He asked softly. She nodded stiffly, turning to look away. Ned sat on the inside, across from Mj.

The plane started moving and Mj's breathing started going faster. She shut her eyes tightly and tightened her jaw. Peter noticed and softly held her hand. Mj's mind screamed at her for letting him in but she ignored it. She let him help her. Ned glanced towards them with a surprised expression, but it wiped off his face when he noticed how serious Peter was about helping her. The plane took off and Mj grabbed her sketchbook, she started sketching away her problems. Her hand was still laced with his. She glanced out the window and looked down at the disappearing floor. She inhaled sharply, clutching his hand.

He pulled her close, letting her fall softly against his chest. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders softly and she seemed to calm down. To Peter's surprise, she didn't pull away after a while. He looked down at her and saw her sleeping. Peter's heart fluttered as he looked at her peaceful expression, and the soft smile that was slightly visible on her lips. Peter had never felt this way before. He'd never felt this kind of heartache.

After and hour, Mj had woken up and had her legs resting on Peter's lap while she sketched out a drawing of the spaced out superhero. Of course, Peter had no idea she new about his little secret. She sketched half of Peter's face. She added every detail she could, his cute dimples and they way his soft hair hung lazily whenever he showed up to school to lazy to brush it of gel it. Then, on the other side, she carefully drew the spidey suit. She detailed the lines and the eyes. She was satisfied with her drawing but couldn't show him. She pushed her book back into her backpack and zipped it closed. She looked over at Peter and his eyes were closed softly, his hair brushing down on his eyes. She studied his soft, peacefully still face as his chest rose and fell.

Ned watched as Mj stared at Peter. He wondered how long it would take for Peter to realize she liked him. Same goes for her. He could see the emotion in their eyes.

Mj felt her eyes get heavy. She slid down and closed her eyes, letting her breathing steady and she fell asleep.

After 6 hours, the plane landed. Peter woke Mj up and got her to stand. They walked out of the plane before Ned because they were being all cutesy and relationshipy. Gross. At least that's what Peter thought. Mj was very happy to be on solid ground again. She looked around at the trees and buildings she could see. The sun was gleaming on her face, showing off her tan skin and giving her a warm glow. Peter couldn't help but smile as he watched her run around looking at the sights.

This is going to be a great trip, he thought happily.

Hopefully.

Yeet hello so I'm obsessed with Peter and Mj and I had to write about them so ya know.... here we go. Hopefully people read this... idrc if u don't tho it's just fun to write about my bbys. Bye bye
(^◇^)