Finishing Things We Started

After school ended, Peter insisted on coming over to finish their chemistry project. After a couple of minutes, Mj finally agreed and told Abby about what was happening. Their grandparents had moved in so it wasn't just Mj and Abby taking care of the little ones.

When they got back to the complex, Peter walked to his apartment and told Mj he'd be there in a couple of minutes. She nodded and walked to her apartment, then closed the door and walked into the kitchen. She sighed and grabbed some bread and put it in the toaster. There was a knock on the door and she groaned. "ABBY GET THE DOOR" She yelled to her sister.

Abby opened the door and Peter looked up and smiled, then waved. "Oh, come in" Abby said kindly, opening the door wider so he could walk in. He turned back to Abby. "Oh she's making toast. You can go in her room if you want" Abby said, gesturing to Mj's door. He nodded and walked into her room and closed the door behind him.

Abby waltzed over to her sister. "Lover boys here" She whispered, then went back into her room. Mj groaned and bit into her toast, then walked back to her room. Peter was staring at her closed closet. "Peter?" Mj asked, walking towards him. "You still have my flannel?" He chuckled, turning towards her. She felt the blood rush to her cheeks, and she bit into her toast. Peter's smile only grew wider, but he turned to his backpack and pulled out his binder. Mj sighed and threw away the napkin she had her toast, then pulled out her supplies too and sat down on the floor across from Peter.

They started working, and worked hard on it. Both of them would occasionally steal hidden glances at each other, then would go red when the other looked up at them. Mj was surprised with how easily Peter could catch her. Of course she knew he was Spiderman, she just didn't know how easily he could catch her.

After a while, Mj started getting frustrated. Peter could tell because of how much she was shaking and her expression was hard and her eyes were cold. Peter laid his hand on hers softly, and he looked into her eyes. She swallowed hard and her anger melted away. She looked from his eyes to his lips, signaling her feelings. She started to lean forwards, and so did he. They both closed their eyes, waiting desperately for what they've both been waiting for. Mj felt his hot breath on her lips, and she leaned in further.

Then there was a loud knock on the door. They stopped, their lips inches apart. Mj pulled away. "It's open." She said, picking up her pencil. The door opened and Abby walked in. She seemed to have been reluctant to walk in. "Grandma wants to know if Peters staying for dinner" Abby said, her hand resting on the door knob. "Yeah.. uhm yes please" Peter choked out. Abby nodded, then walked out and closed the door behind her.

Mj turned back to Peter. He was staring at her, and she felt her cheeks heat up. She looked down at her work again. "Maybe we should finish this" She said. Peter snapped out of his daze. "Oh okay" He said weakly.

Soon they finished it, and pushed all their work aside. Mj groaned and walked to her bed. She flopped onto it and sighed out. Peter stood up and walked to her bed. She watched him as he laid next to her. They both sat up and faced each other. Mj looked down, then reached forwards and tangled her hand into his. "Mj I have something for you" peter blurted. She looked up from their hands. He pulled his hand away and pulled something out of his pocket.

"It's a necklace I saw in a shop in Europe. I never got the chance to give it to you and.. it kinda broke over the summer." He said, lifting up a chain that had a Black Dahlia flower with missing pedals hanging on it. She reached forwards, their hands brushing together as she cupped it. A smile spread across her face. "I'm really sorry it's broken" Peter breathed out. She shook her head, "no. I kinda like it better broken" He stared at her, falling into a trance. "I really like you" He blurted, a determined expression on his face. She looked up, meeting his eyes. "I really like you too" She sighed, smiling softly.

They both leaned in, their lips pressing against each other's for a split second. They both pulled away, staring into each other's eyes. Peter quickly cupped her face and pulled her closer, pressing his lips on hers again, but this time staying for longer. She smiled into the kiss and felt her stomach erupt into butterflies. They slowly pulled away, their lips lingering on each other's. She didn't want to pull away, and neither did he, but he did. She had her hand resting on his neck, and her thumb was against his cheek.

Her eyes were closed still, and Peter was staring at her with heart eyes. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked into Peter's. He leaned in slowly, letting his lips melt into hers. She slowly wrapped her arms around his shoulders, and leaned against him.

For the first time in a really long time.. Mj finally felt loved. She loved the feeling of being wrapped in Peter's embrace, and his lips pressed softly against hers. She pulled away and rested her head against his shoulder. He hand his arms wrapped protectively around her, and she was curled against his body.

Peter's heart was pounding. He could hear her heartbeat, it was fast and consistent. He could feel the body heat she was radiating, and he could tell she was blushing. He wanted to stay like this forever. It was calm and soothing. He loved seeing the soft side of Mj, considering not many people were trusted to see it.

Mj was breathing as calmly as she could, but she was freaking out. She was so close to the only person who could make her feel safe and keep her grounded. Not to mention the fact that he's saved her life multiple times. She sat up and faced him. His arms slid down to her waist and he was leaning against the wall. She leaned forwards and kissed him deeply, and she moved her hands to his cheeks again. He leaned into it, gently pushing her hair back as he held her face in his right hand. They broke apart, both of them had stupid grins on their faces. He leaned forwards and pecked her lips quickly, then leaned back.

There was another knock on the door, then it opened swiftly. Mj pushed Peter off her bed and curled into the corner of her nook and leaned against the pillows as Peter sat up straight. Abby walked in, and a smirk was plastered on her lips. "Dinners ready love birds" Abby said smugly, then walked out of the room. Peter and Mj glanced at each other, then scrambled out of the room.