Nightmares and Confessions

ENDGAME SPOILERS⚠️⚠️

Peter watching as Tony fell to his knees. His hand up as the stones traveled up to his knuckles. "No.." He heard Rhodey breathe out. "What happens if he snaps?" Peter asked worriedly. Rhodey didn't make eye contact, "He dies" Peter felt his jaw fall. He turned back as Tony snapped and tried to reach out, "Wait no!" The force shot out and Peter got pushed back.

Peter watched as Tony walked over and sat down. His body was burned and bloody. His eyes were filled with confusion. Peter stood up as Rhodey walked over and placed his hand on his head softly. He swung over as he started crying. "Mr. Stark?" He said softly, his voice breaking. He moved his head to look at Peter slowly. Peter walked forward and crouched down. "Hey... can you hear me? It's me Peter" he said softly, his eyes filling with tears and falling down his cheeks. His breathing was unsteady and broken. "We won.. Mr Stark... we won mr. stark... we won, you did it sir you did it..." he sobbed, as his dying mentor stared at him with the life draining out of his eyes. Peter placed his hand on the arc reactor, wishing the light would stop fading away. Pepper started pulling him away softly. Peter pushed himself away, dragging his hand down as tear fell out of his eyes, "I'm sorry.. Tony" He stood up, letting Pepper talk to him. Peter clenched his jaw as tears flooded his face.

Peter watched as Pepper kneeled down, whispering a soft "hey" he looked towards her with distant eyes, but they were filled with regret and remorse. "Hey Pep" he whispered out. She smiled sadly as Tony looked around, everybody was here now. "Friday.." She said. "Life functions critical" the AI said. Peter choked, covering his mouth with his wrist. Tony looked back at her, her smile was fading. He looked away again, but she brought back her smile, "Tony." He looked at her again, tears softly showing up in his eyes. "We're gonna be okay." She said, putting her hand on his heart. "You can rest now" She said, tears falling down her cheeks. He put his hand on hers, and looked around one last time. His mouth opened when he looked at Peter, but nothing came out except for a breath, and the light turned black. His hand fell. Peter fell to his knees as he sobbed. Pepper cried silently, leaning in and kissing his cheek softly as she shook. She rested her head on his shoulder.

Peter's eyes snapped open. He looked around the dark room. He looked down, and felt someone next to him. Mj was sitting there, holding his face in her hands, "Peter" He felt tears rush down his face. "I- I saw him" he broke. Mj felt her eyes ease and she moved up. She sat on the bed, pulling him closer to her as he cried. "He saved the universe... but couldn't save himself" He cried. Mj listened to his cries with her eyes closed and her head resting on his. "Shhhh it's okay Peter" She said softly, holding him tighter. Peter widened his eyes. He stood up shakily and stumbled his way to his desk. He pushed everything he had on it away and grabbed something. It saw a phone.

Peter grabbed it and hit the button, putting it against his ear. His breathing was heavy. But he picked up, "Happy! I- is Morgan okay? Is she alright?" "Kid? You okay?" He said. "Don't call me kid." Peter snapped. "Okay I'm sorry Peter. Yes Morgan's fine. Make sure you take you anxiety pill." He said. "Okay" Peter said, hanging up the phone. Peter slammed the phone down. He turned around and walked to his bag, yanking it open and grabbing a bottle. He took the pill and swallowed it harshly. He leaned against the wall. Mj walked over slowly. "Peter?" She said softly. He looked up, tears streaming his face. She walked up to him, wiping away his tears. "Hey Peter it's okay... your okay" She said. He nodded. "Mj.. thank you for waking me up." He said slowly. She nodded, "that's why we have the door open" He nodded. Then leaned down and rested his head on her shoulder. "Peter I'm always gonna be here for you, okay?" She said. "Okay" He said softly.

They stood like that for a while. Then Peter pulled away. "Mj I need to tell you something. I planned on telling you earlier but then you told me you knew I was Spiderman so I let it go" he said. She nodded, "Okay. Tell me" he swallows hard, getting nervous. "Uhm... Nevermind I don't have anything to say.. I just.. my brain is messed up from having a panic attack and I just want to sleep." He said. She nodded, "Well then cmon" He followed her as she walked to his bed. He laid down softly. She smiled warmly, then turned away, "Wait" She heard. She turned around. Peter was getting out of bed. "Wait" He said again. She shifted in place. He walked up to her. She looked into his soft eyes that were darker because of the lighting of the room. "Please don't leave" He whispered. She nodded. He turned back around, walking back to the bed. She followed him slowly.

She sat next to him. Then wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him, letting his arms hand on her shoulders. She felt him slowly fall. Then, after making sure he was asleep, she walked out of his room and fell asleep on her bed.