9.

"Daddy, can you stay tonight?" Brendon asks, when he comes into the kitchen, after playing with Tyler.

He looks hopeful and Dallon smiles at him.

"Yeah, I'm gonna stay, baby boy," he says and Brendon smiled widely.

"But daddy does have to work, tomorrow. He's gonna see if he can change his schedule, so he can take you home!" "I's gonna have a new home?" "Yeah, if you want to!"

Brendon nods happily and he jumps in Dallon's arms.

"Daddy's gonna buy you everything you need, like stuffies and blankets."

Josh smiles at Dallon. He had told Dallon that Brendon's last daddy had forced him to leave all his stuff behind and Dallon had told Josh he'd buy everything Brendon needed.

"I want new stuffies!" "Well, you'll get new stuffies, the day after tomorrow!" "Yay!"

Dallon smiles and picks Brendon up, putting him on the kitchen counter and Brendon giggles.

"Daddy's gonna make sure you're gonna have a nice, new home."

Brendon plays with Dallon's hair, giggling softly and Dallon can only smile.

"Are you gonna play with Ty again now?" "Yeah! Are you and Joshy gonna talk?" "Yeah, daddy still has some questions for Josh." "Okay, daddy."

Dallon lifts Brendon off the counter again and ruffles his hair before Brendon runs into the living room again.

"You changed so much, in the last few hours," Josh says and Dallon just smiles.

"I can't help it. It just happens, without me really having control over it." "You're already such a good caregiver, you talked in your ways of talking to Brendon and you let him touch you, even though you hate it when people come too close." "I guess you're right." "I'm happy, for you and Brendon. You're perfect for each other."

Dallon smiles and blushes a little.

"Hey, I have to go home and get some stuff." "Yeah, sure! Don't forget to tell Brendon, he's gonna panic if he notices you're gone without telling you." "Of course. I think I'm gonna go now because Brendon is playing with Tyler, so he won't miss me."

Josh just nods and Dallon walks into the living room.

"Bee, honey? Daddy's gonna go home, to get some clothes, okay?" "But you are gonna come back, right?" "Yeah, I'm gonna be back soon. Don't worry." "Okay, daddy."