42.

After a while of playing hide and seek, it's starting to get cold and Tyler and Brendon go inside again.

Dallon is already making dinner and he has two mugs of hot chocolate standing on the kitchen counter.

He looks up and smiles at Brendon, as they come inside and Brendon smiles back.

"Hey there, did you guys have fun?" "Yeah! We were playing hide and seek, Dally!" Tyler exclaims and Dallon nods.

"Yeah, I saw. Aren't you cold now?" "Yeah, I am." "Well, aren't you lucky because I made hot chocolate!" "Really?"

Tyler looks happy and Dallon lifts him onto the kitchen counter before handing him a mug.

"Don't drop it, okay?" "Okay, Dally."

Dallon hands Brendon a mug too and kisses his temple.

"Did you have fun?" He asks and Brendon just nods.

"Tyler is an absolute talent when it comes to hiding, let me tell you that." "Yeah, I know. So are you, though." "Shut up. I'm super good at hiding." "Of course, you are. Now, drink your hot chocolate, honey."

Dallon goes back to cooking and Brendon just sits down next to Tyler, watching his boyfriend with a soft smile on his face.

"What are we eating, tonight?" "I made some mac & cheese." "I didn't know this, but I was craving that." "Well, aren't you just lucky?"

Brendon nods and he looks at Tyler, who is focused on drinking his hot chocolate.

"Do you want mac & cheese too, Ty?"

Tyler looks up, looking a little confused and Brendon giggles.

"What?" "Do you want mac & cheese?" "Yeah, I wants that." "Good."

Tyler goes back to drinking his hot chocolate and when he's done, he hands Brendon his mug.

"Beebo?" He asks, looking up at Brendon.

"Yeah, Ty?" "Is Dally your daddy?" "Yeah, he is. Why?" "Because you doesn't call him daddy, now." "That's right, Ty. I'm a big boy, now."

Tyler nods.

"Why?" He asks, genuinely curious.

"Well, because I still have to go to school and I have to be big for that." "Oh... Okay... I doesn't like school..."

Brendon gives Tyler a sad smile.

"I know, honey..." He says and he looks at Dallon, who frowns a little.

"There was a mean person at my school, Beebo," Tyler continues and Brendon nods.

"I know, Ty. But he's gone, okay?" "Yeah... Sometimes I gets scared because I has nightmares." "Yeah, I get that, Ty. But you're okay. He's never coming back because he went to jail for a very long time."

Dallon is on high alert, after what Tyler said and Brendon just seems very uncomfortable.

"Brendon, honey, can you go set the table for me? I'll talk to Ty." "Yeah, alright."

Dallon leans against the kitchen counter, next to Tyler and he looks at the little.

"Hey... Do you wanna talk about what happened at your school?" He asks and Tyler nods.

"No, because it's scary!" "That's okay. Do you wanna eat dinner?"

Tyler nods and Dallon lifts him off the kitchen counter.

"Come on, go sit down at the table, okay?"

Tyler walks over to the table and sits down, just watching as Brendon sets the table and Dallon brings the food to the table.

After dinner, Tyler just watches some cartoons and Brendon and Dallon stay in the kitchen for a few minutes.

"I don't even know what happened to Tyler, honestly," Dallon says and Brendon shakes his head.

"It's really bad. Really, really, bad. And I'll explain it to you when Tyler is asleep, okay?" "Yeah, sure. Should I be worried?" "Well, it's the reason why Tyler is almost always in little space. He just can't deal with what happened..."

Dallon nods and frowns.

"Well, I just hope he'll be okay, one day." "I think he'll be. He has Josh, who is there for him with every single thing that happens."

Dallon smiles a little.

"Yeah, that's true."