23.

When Brendon walks into his class, he looks around for Ryan, seeing him somewhere in the back.

They smile at each other and Brendon waves at Ryan before he walks to the table next to him.

"Hey, Ryan!" He says and Ryan smiles at him.

"Hi. How are you doing?" "I'm good. Still a little scared, but I know that he isn't gonna come back." "Yeah, he isn't. Did you like the giraffe?" "Yeah! It was so cute! I called him Dally because I sometimes call Dallon that." "That's so cute."

Brendon nods and smiles before he gets his notebook and a pen.

"Dallon made me a pillow fort, last night," Brendon says, with a smile on his face and he looks up at Ryan again, who is writing the date and class-subject in his own notebook.

"Really?" He asks and he looks up again.

"Yeah! And he took me to McDonald's!" Brendon can feel himself slip into little space a little and he knows that he has to start focussing on his class now because that way he wouldn't slip further into little space.

Luckily, that's when the professor starts talking and Brendon has to focus on that.
---
After class, Ryan and Brendon both walk out of the lecture hall and they go to get something to drink, at the on-campus coffeehouse.

Brendon gets hit chocolate because he doesn't like coffee and Ryan just orders a normal coffee.

They sit down and Brendon grabs his backpack, getting one of his stuffies out and just holding it close to his chest.

"Are you okay?" Ryan asks and Brendon just nods.

"Yeah, I'm just a little anxious because of my ex..." "He's gone, though. And Dallon will come back if he's still there." "Yeah, I know. I'm okay, though. The stuffie just helps with the anxious feeling." "Alright. I just want you to be okay." "Thank you." "Hey, do you wanna study together for the finals, after our last class? I mean, for me it works better if I study with someone else." "Yeah, I'd like that. We can go to my place if you want? Dallon is gonna be there, but he's probably working." "Yeah, I'd like that."

Ryan smiles and so does Brendon.

"This is the first time I actually invited someone from school to my place..." Brendon mumbles and Ryan's smile gets bigger.

"Really?" "Yeah, usually I'm scared about people seeing toys, or me accidentally calling Dallon daddy, but I feel like I can trust you." "Of course you can. We're best friends!" "Yeah, we are! You gotta meet my friend Ty! He's also a little and... And when Dally has to work, I always go to Ty and his daddy, Josh!"

This time, Brendon doesn't really notice that he's going into his subspace, but Ryan does and he isn't too sure what to do.

"Bren, I think you're becoming little..." "Oh..."

Brendon just shakes his head and takes a deep breath.

"Uhh, school," he says and Ryan laughs a little.

"Alright, so studying at my place, after school. What do you wanna study for?" "Uhh, music history because I'm definitely gonna fail it." "You're not. I know you're not."

Ryan smiles and shrugs.

"Ehh, we'll see. Now, let's get back to class." "Yay..." "I know. But we have to go."