Part 38

Hello guys 👋👋👋

****

RagLak are sitting outside the doctor's cabin waiting for the doctor to call them. Another 15 days passed and so they came for check up.

Ragini is speaking continuously while Laksh is just staring her keeping his hand under his chin. From almost one hour she has been talking non stop.

Laksh: (interrupting her) Bacha ek second.

Ragini stops and looks at him angrily as he interrupted her.

Ragini: (angrily) You are useless... You don't even know how to keep a promise. I hate you.

Laksh: Listen what I am saying. Doctor called us. We need to go. You can continue your bak.... I mean your talking once we come back.

Ragini: Then you have to extend my time. If you promise me then I will come.

Laksh: Ok meri ma. You can talk how much you want till tomorrow evening 6 and I will listen to you whatever you speak.

Ragini: Not 6 Tomorrow night upto sleeping.

Laksh: (in mind) God! This girl doesn't get tired of speaking. Why am I even asking you? It is my mistake to agree for her condition.

He goes to a flashback.

Ragini is looking at Laksh angrily sitting on the bed not eating anything.

Laksh: Bacha please eat na please.

Ragini: (angrily) I hate you Laksh. You don't love me anymore like before. You keep ordering me to do things. You don't let me do what I want to do.

Laksh: But that is for your health.

Ragini: You don't allow me to atleast walk till the bathroom. I am getting leg pain because of this sitting.

Laksh: (worried) You didn't tell me before. Wait let me massage your legs.

Laksh moves towards her while she pushes him looking at him angrily. Laksh looks shocked.

Ragini: You don't let me walk, you don't let me read a book, you don't let me at least speak. For everything you say 'Bacha you need rest'. Go hell with this rest. I am fed up with this. You want me to eat this na then I have a condition.

Laksh sighs looking at her irritated face. He knows it will be very irritating to just rest doing nothing.

Laksh: Ok ok every condition accepted. Now eat na bacha.

Ragini: (glaring him) First listen to my condition. (Laksh nods) You aren't allowing me to walk, read a book, watch TV anything so you have to bare my talkings. You shouldn't stop me from talking till I stop for 24 hours and you have to listen to me without any complaints. If you agree for this I will have food.

Laksh looks at her scared. But he sighs.

Laksh: Ok condition accepted. Now have food please.

Ragini opens her mouth and he feeds. Laksh finally feels relaxed as she ate food and had medicines.

Flashback ends.

Laksh looks at Ragini.

Laksh: (in mind) God pity me. (To Ragini) atleast now shall we go. Doctor is waiting for us.

Ragini nods. Laksh holds her and helps her to walk as if she is some patient. Ragini hits her own head. Laksh rubs her head like soothing her pain.

They reach the doctor. Doctor checks her.

Laksh: Doctor is everything fine?

Doctor: (smiles) Yes Mr. Maheshwari everything is fine. She is good now. Just use these medicines that is enough.

Laksh: And bed rest?

Doctor: No need to continue. She can move freely. But yes try to avoid steps and try to avoid lifting heavy things.

Laksh nods yes in relief.

Ragini: Doctor I can eat anything na?

Laksh looks at her in disbelief.

Doctor: (smiles) Yes you can. But don't have much road side food. They are unhygienic.

Ragini: (happily) Oh my god! I love you so much doctor. And about road side food don't worry doctor. My husband is very strict that he started getting recipes of every road side food and getting them cooked at home. You know na Shona di is also pregnant. It will be helpful for both of us. But doctor the taste we get from road side food doesn't get in home made food though it is same recipe...

She continues speaking while Laksh is sitting holding his head. Oh god from the previous day night same is happening. She is talking nonstop. Doctor is looking at Ragini in disbelief. She looked at Laksh for help but he is sitting holding his head looking down. He can't do anything. If he stops now she will either start crying or start some 'you don't love me like before drama'

Finally Doctor herself takes courage to disturb Ragini.

Doctor: Mrs. Maheshwari when I am free I will call you then you come and talk to me as much as you want. Now I have appointments so if you please....

Ragini pouts. Laksh finally feels relief. All knows that Ragini speaks a lot but from the time her mood swings started she is speaking like a tape-recorder without break and without getting tired.

If he listens more his ears will definitely bleed. He has to find a solution for this. They both entered the car. Before Ragini could start speaking again.

Laksh: (looking at her) Bacha I read in a book that child feels good due to music. So will you listen to music?

Laksh is praying in mind that she should accept it. Ragini nods yes. Laksh thanks god and gives her ear phones asking her to listen to music.

Ragini: But we can listen from car's music system na.

Laksh: (in mind) No my ears will start bleeding. I can't. (To Ragini) Bacha I am feeling head ache. So you listen the music.

Ragini nodes ok. Laksh felt happy that she didn't argue. He starts the car and they reach home. Ragini is still listening music closing her eyes. Laksh moves towards her and was about to lift her but stops thinking to do or not.

Laksh: Oh god these mood swings. Should I lift or should I ask her to walk?

Laksh scratches his head not understanding what to do. At that time Ragini feeling no movement in car opens her eyes. She looks around to find they reached home. She looks at Laksh who is thinking what to do in confusion.

Ragini: Laksh lift me na.

This brought him out of his trance. He immediately lifts her and moves towards their room. He places her on bed while she is still listening the songs. Laksh is about to go from there while he felt a hold on his wrist. He turns and looks at her who is looking him with puppy face. He keeps a questioning face. She pats the place beside her asking him to lay beside her. He smiles and lays beside her. She moves into his embrace and he hugs her. He kisses her forehead lovingly and closes his eyes feeling her in his embrace.

Slowly he drifts into sleep being tired. Ragini who saw him sleeping removes the earphones and keeps them aside. She caresses his hair.

Ragini: I am really troubling you alot na Laksh. I am sorry. I love you.

She kisses his forehead. He smiles in sleep while Ragini snuggles into him and also sleeps.

****

Boring part, isn't it? Sorry for that.

With Love
Dharani (Dhaరणि)