2

Draco's POV
"It's okay Draco, I don't want to intrude." He told me with a small smile.

He yet again tried to make his way out but was yet again stopped. This time by Pansy. She pulled him to a seat and sat him down. "I'm Pansy Parkinson. Harry Potter, I presume." Her voice was loud and clear yet Harry didn't seem to hear a thing. "Hello? Anyone home? Potter! Answer me. Gods, Blaise, Draco, help me. He's not responding. Drake, is he okay? Like is he deaf or something? Or is he just rude?" She had, at this point, turned to me for answers.

"Honestly, I do not know. He did tell me that he had something wrong with his ears but didn't specify what that thing was." I answer as truthfully as I could considering it was about a month before that I had last seen him.

"Wouldn't the best course of action be to get his attention and ask. Or give him a test. He did seem to understand you, right Draco? So, maybe if we all talk at once, see what he does and assess it. What did he do when we were talking, where was he looking?" Blaise reasoned. He was probably the most logical one out of us three.

"He wasn't giving direct eye contact but his eyes seemed fixed somewhere on the person who was talking's face. I reckon it was the lips. If he does have a hard time hearing, he needs all the help he can get. Therefore, lip reading comes in." I told them thinking back to my first conversation with him. He never gave eye contact with me but looked somewhere under my nose. I thought I had something on my face but it turns out, maybe he was just trying to see what I was saying.

Blaise lightly touched the smaller boy's shoulder to gain his attention. "Hi, er I'm sorry for my behaviour earlier. It was uncalled for. I'm Blaise Zabini. That's Pansy Parkinson. He's Draco Malfoy but you already knew that."

Harry's eyes were in fact focused on Blaise's lips. Blaise turned towards me and I nodded slowly so if you didn't look closely, you didn't notice.

"Hey, Harry. Now you know us all, how are you?" I asked, hoping he would tell us what's wrong.

"I'm okay. Nothing different. You?" He asked kinda uncomfortable.

He looked around. When his eyes landed on Pansy, she started talking. Really fast. "We're all fine. Are you really fine though? Draco said you have something wrong with your hearing. What's wrong with it? Are you deaf? Do you just not like listening? Like what's wrong with it? Did you know it's rude not to look someone in the eye when they're talking to you? I do. You clearly don't, considering you're not."

Harry looked really confused. I don't think she was actually talking that fast. Just fast enough to confuse him.

"What's wrong Harry?" I asked.

"Um, I didn't really catch anything she just said." He said timidly.

"How? She's the loudest speaker ever!" Blaise told him.

"I have a problem hearing and Pansy talks way too fast for me to be able to make out what she's saying." He explained.

"What sort of problem?" Blaise pressed on.

"Er, well, I, er" Harry seemed at a loss for words.

"Harry, no matter what's wrong, we'll still be here. Ya can't get rid of us easily." I told him with a smile.

"Well, er, I-I'm deaf. I have been since I was six years old. On my birthday." He looked down at his shoes in shame. I just ran forward and hugged him. Pansy and Blaise followed my actions soon after.