15

Draco's POV

When Harry was talking about how the snake was talking to him, I stood there shocked. A Potter, someone from one of the lightest families in wizarding Britain, had the gift of parseltongue, snake speak. That was not something you saw every day.

Parseltongue is an incredibly rare gift associated with dark magic and most commonly known as one of the gifts of Salazar Slytherin, the founder of our Hogwarts house. It was said that only his heirs had the gift but I'm pretty sure no Potter's ever even married someone descended from Slytherin. The closest they got to that was Harry's great grandfather who married Dorea Black.

Blaise explained parseltongue to Harry who looked very shocked and a little bit saddened by the news.

"I er... I... why me of all people? I just wanted a normal life for once. I suppose that won't happen ever," he told us quietly.

This made me feel horrible, knowing my friend felt like this. One look at Blaise told me that he felt the same way. Harry shook his head slightly and smiled a little, it seemed like he was forcing himself to do even this small action.

"I suppose these things just happen, right? There's no point standing here, feeling sorry for myself and keeping Pansy waiting. A lot of people would probably want a gift that makes them different, I shouldn't complain just because I'm the one who got it," Harry told us which I thought was very mature of him. He didn't necessarily want to have the gift but he chose to acknowledge that it was a blessing that a lot of people would like instead of feeling bad about it. This was one of the reasons Harry is such a great person, he (from what I've seen so far) puts others before himself. If it had been me in his situation, having something I didn't want, I'm ashamed to say that I wouldn't act half as mature as Harry did. I'd probably scream and complain, I wouldn't just accept that it was there. Not at all. I have a feeling both Blaise and Pansy would act like me too. Although Blaise would probably be a little more refined than I would be. I am known to have a horrid temper therefore I'm known to get my own way a lot.

We let the subject drop for now and started walking towards the Great Hall silently. When we reached the open doors, I started walking towards Pansy who was chatting with a girl from our year, Millicent Bulstrode. Harry and Blaise followed soon after but just before we got there, a second year Hufflepuff ran over and hugged Harry who looked confused for a moment before hugging back.

I stopped when I saw the boy hugging my Harry. Who does he think he is? Harry probably only hugged back to be polite, he probably has no idea who this tall Hufflepuff is.

These thoughts stopped when I heard Harry whisper a name, "Andrew."

The brown eyed brunette nodded once they pulled away and immediately started rambling, "I missed you, Harry! I can't believe this. I'd heard rumours of a Harry Potter coming to Hogwarts this year and was hoping it was you. Now here you are. When I saw you at the sorting ceremony yesterday, I wanted to hug you so badly. It's been ages since I last saw you. You're still my same short, little Harry."

Harry scrunched his nose up at the last part, "You're still a beanstalk, Andy, you can't say much. I've missed you so much. I never thought I'd see you again but I hoped I would," he told this 'Andrew' guy who turned to Blaise and I with a smile on his stupid freckled face.

He stuck out his hand enthusiastically, "I'm Andrew Wilson but my friends call me Andy, I'm Harry's friend from primary school, nice to meet you both."

I took his hand first for a moment long handshake then introduced myself, "I'm Draco Malfoy."

Blaise shook Andrew's hand for longer than I did and introduced himself with a small smile, "I'm Blaise Zabini, pleasure to meet you, Wilson."

Andrew waved his hand, "No need for that silly last name stuff, a friend of Harry's is a friend of mine, please, call me Andrew."

I looked at Harry to see him smiling happily at us and his friend. I'm not going to lie, I didn't like that Wilson showed up and I felt like he was trying to take my Harry away from me. That wasn't going to happen. I couldn't explain to you why I had the urge to just take Harry and hide him away so no one but I could see him. I'm not sure why, he's just one of my best friends, right?

"I think we should go sit down and eat now before lunch is over. I'm sure you two can talk later," I said to Wilson with an unnoticeably fake smile. He nodded and hugged Harry again before waving and going back to his table.

We sat down at our table, Blaise sat next to Pansy, Harry and I sat opposite them. The girl looked at us and asked, "What was going on over there?"

"Oh, that was Andy! He's my friend from primary school, he 'moved away' last year but I suppose he just came here instead," Harry told her with a huge smile on his face. I couldn't help but feel bad about my earlier thoughts but at the same time, I couldn't deny that they were still there.

Harry looked away from us to look at the foods on the table and Pansy gave me a knowing look so I glared at her and she had the audacity to laugh!

I looked back over to Harry to see he had placed a few things on his plate but it still wasn't close to a full meal. It worried me that he wasn't eating all that much. I know he got taken to Snape for that reason but what if he couldn't do anything? Harry was already so small and skinny, the few times I've hugged him, I felt his rib cage and spine sticking out of his skin. That wasn't healthy. He seriously needed to eat a little more but it wasn't something I could force him to do. It would happen over time. The potions he received should help with things like this. I hope they do. I just want my best friend to live a happy life.

A/N hey guys, what do you think about Andrew and Dray's new possessive behaviour over Harry? Do you guys like that I've brought in a new character that could potentially have a rivalry with Draco over Harry? Anyway I hope you guys have an amazing day/night/evening wherever you are.

~~~Lissy~~~