33

Harry's PoV:

When we got to the great hall, Andy was waiting outside, probably having remembered what day it was. I had told him that it was the day my parents had died when we were back in primary school so usually he would try making my day at least a little better even if I wasn't that upset considering I thought they tried to kill us all because I was that much of a pain to take care of.

He practically ran over as soon as he spotted us and gave me a hug, which I quickly returned.

Once he pulled away, he asked, "You okay, Har? I heard what actually happened, I'm sorry. You of all people didn't deserve that."

"I'm fine, Andy, I mean, sure it's not the best feeling knowing I've been lied to about my own parents for practically my whole life but I'm used to it. It doesn't make any difference to anything really, it doesn't change the fact that they died when I was too little to properly know them," I gave a weak smile and I could tell my eyes were glossy and had tears building up.

As soon as we walked into the great hall, everyone's attention turned to me and I hated it. People were pointing, staring, whispering and even blatantly talking about me. I saw my friends glaring harshly at Weasley who was previously laughing with the idiots he called friends about something he had said.

I gave a confused look to Draco who just said, "Later," so I assumed it was something about me, it usually was (I would later find out that my assumption was right and that he had said, very loudly and obnoxiously, "Potter's parents were probably glad to die if it meant they didn't have to put up with him again.").

Andy decided to sit at the Slytherin table with me instead of going to his friends. He sat on my left side, Draco sat on the right while Pansy, Blaise and Theo sat opposite us.

The table was full of sugary things, most I had never seen before, of course there were things that would usually be there too, like toast and other traditional breakfast foods, though it seemed like most people opted for the sugar rather than things that would actually sustain them. I was one of the few who didn't go for all sugary things and instead got toast, however I was very tempted by the treacle tart, it's my favourite. One look from Pansy made made me not take any, she tended to fuss over things like that, making sure we all eat healthily. None of us got anything sugary that breakfast because she went into what my friends call 'mama bear mode' and made us take toast instead, even Andrew was made to get toast and he's older than us. It's smart of him to listen to her though, she's scary, especially when she's mad.

After breakfast, we all decided to go sit out by the lake for a while. It was very peaceful out there. The water was undisturbed other than the small waves lapping at the bank of the waters. Occasionally one of the giant squid's tentacles would stick out of the deep waters and wave gently in the autumn breeze.

The sunlight danced beautifully on the water despite it not being too warm out there. It was mesmerising to watch and I soon found myself lost in the moment. It was truly a beautiful sight just like most of the castle is.

We were out there for a while, just watching the water without saying anything. When we did start speaking, it was Pansy who started us off.

"It's beautiful isn't it, I used to look at the pictures from my parents school days, most of them were taken out here. I always wanted to see it in person and it's even more beautiful," she was smiling softly as she told us which made all of us smile too.

"My mum has a few pictures somewhere, I think, but most of them were lost, coincidently, only the ones containing boyfriends were lost though," Blaise told us before looking at Pansy, Theo and Draco kind of sadly and continuing, "You three know how mama is with her boyfriends, she never stays with them for long."

The three gave a knowing yet sad look towards him, I decided that it's better I don't ask in case it's something he maybe doesn't want me knowing just yet, he's known the others since he was little, I've only known him for a few months.

"My parents don't have many photos but they did keep journals, describing Hogwarts and their time there. My mother's is filled with drawings of places all over the castle and little doodles of flowers and various plant life from the greenhouses. Herbology was her best subject, she enjoys tending to the gardens. Father's isn't all too interesting just like him, always working, he barely has a personality," Theo told us with a smile which turned a little sour towards the end.

Draco gave a small smile, "my mother and father have loads of pictures from their school days though during the last few years, they usually contain some sort of prank being pulled by Harry's dad and his friends. My mother found it hilarious but couldn't actually say anything, her cousin helped pull the pranks and he was on his way to getting disowned from the family. My father on the other hand didn't find them so funny. Personally, I think it would've been hilarious. Your dad pulled some epic pranks, Har, and according to mother, your mum knew a lot of hexes and perfected every single one of them."

I smiled a little, "I really don't know much about my parents other than what people here have told me. I know I look practically identical to my dad, it's just my eyes that are different, they're just like my mum's though I wouldn't know for sure, I've never seen decent pictures of them, aunt petunia only had one picture of my mum. It was really blurry and from when they were little. She hid it in the box of sewing stuff in m- the cupboard under the stairs. I used to stare at it when I was little, from what I could make out, she was really pretty."

All five of them smiled at me before Andy spoke.

"Obviously, I haven't seen any pictures of this place before I came. My family is all muggles so I didn't even know about here before I got my letter. We thought it was some sort of prank, it had a very specific address on it, like it actually had 'second largest bedroom' written on it. Did any of yours have anything similar?" He asked us.

We all nodded.

"Mine had, 'East Wing' written on it which isn't that specific but it's my wing of our manor," Pansy told us.

Draco went next, "mine was the same case as Pansy except I have the South Wing so that was written on it."

Theo nodded, "I had my wing written on it too."

We turned to Blaise who said, "Same thing. I'm pretty sure they use magic to write all the letters which makes it oddly specific. What was written on yours, Harry?"

My face heated a little, "Which one? My aunt and uncle didn't want me to have any of the letters so we kept running away from them."

"What was on the first one?" Pansy asked curiously.

"Just my bedroom," I answered technically not lying, just not telling the full truth. The cupboard under the stairs was written on my first letter and that was my bedroom for ten years but they didn't need to know that.

Soon we changed the subject and started talking about random things until it was time for lunch where yet again, Pansy scared us into not having all sweets and instead eat something healthy first.

It was a good day so far considering everything. Little did I know, that would change by dinner time.

A/N hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's a little longer than they have been recently. I hope you're all doing good.

Have an amazing morning/afternoon/evening/night wherever you are x