39

Harry's PoV

Most of the morning was spent sat in the common room, joking and messing around. Due to being the only Slytherins staying bar one sixth year boy, we even got the best seats in the entire common room, the comfiest chairs right in front of the fire.

I quickly found that my new invisibility cloak was our main topic of conversation.

My two friends were talking about what we could get up to with something like that at our disposal then were explaining the story behind it. Apparently I was the descendant of someone in a popular wizarding children's fairytale, the youngest of the three brothers. That was cool I guess and was yet another reason to explain the money in my possession.

Eventually, it was time for Christmas dinner and I was so excited, I had cooked Christmas dinner but never really eaten any of it. I couldn't remember the last time I had. In fact, I don't think I actually ever had a Christmas dinner, when my parents were alive, I would've been too little to eat it and my aunt sure wouldn't have given me any. Of course, my friends didn't know this though so it was yet another thing I didn't want them to find out.

Eclipse joined me on the way and we had a little conversation, her hissing going straight into my head like always so that I could understand everything she said.

$hello, hatchling, I trussst you had a good nightssss ssssleep and no other pesssky humansss disssturbed you$ she hissed as she slithered up to rest around my shoulders.

I giggled, Eclipse really didn't like humans other than me. She even hissed curses at my friends, well she's only met Draco and Pansy but for some reason, the latter was the only exception to her hissing. It's probably because Pansy always gives her food.

$i had a wonderful ssssleep lassst night, thank you, little sssnake$ I teased but I don't think she liked that nickname.

She nudged my cheek so I'd look at her, $no, hatchling, you are a little human, I'm a big ssssnake now. You are my little hatchling not the other way around, okay?$

Again, I laughed, $okay, Eclipsssse, I'm ssssorry for calling you little$

$itsss okay, hatchling. Now, where are we going?$

I started petting her scales softly as I spoke, $we're going to the great hall for chrisssstmasss dinner. I've never had one before but I have made it for my family. I can't wait to try it, apparently itsss really nice. All I get isss bread ussssually.$ then I remembered the food Pansy got her $Oh, Pansssy got you sssome food but I left it in the dorm$

Eclipse nudged my cheek with her tail happily, $tell your friend I ssssay thank you for me, hatchling. Pansssy alwaysss getsss me food, I like her, ssshesss very nice. You sssstay friends with her, okay my hatchling? she givessss me food and callssss my sssscalesss beautiful every time ssshe sssseesss me.$ she told me.

With a smile, I nodded, $i will, Eclipssse, I agree ssshe'sss alssso very nice to me when ssshe'sss not annoyed by ssssomething.$

After a few minutes of talking, we were at the great hall and I turned to Pansy. "Pansy, Eclipse says thank you for her present. She also told me to stay friends with you because you give her food and call her scales pretty."

The girl laughed a little, "tell her that you aren't getting rid of me even if you try and that she's very welcome, I'll give her food and compliment her scales any time."

We soon entered the great hall and instead of seeing the house tables and the teachers table, there was one big table in the middle of the room seating everyone who stayed for the holidays. The only seats left were right by Professor Dumbledore but on the bright side, they were also right by Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall too. I sat in the middle of my two friends. Draco on my right, Pansy on my left. To the left of Pansy was Professor Dumbledore while Professor Snape was to the right of Draco and Professor McGonagall was sat opposite me.

A/N hey guys, sorry it's a little short, just thought I'd get a chapter out today.

Eclipse is probably one of my favourite characters to write so far ngl.

So, how's everyone's day been so far? Mine was okay, I got told that someone wanted to push me and my two friends off from behind a waterfall but we just told them that we'd jump anyway so... that was fun. Though I must say, blue_food100000000 Had a better day, congratulations Eva btw.

Anyways, I hope you have a great morning/afternoon/evening/night wherever you are x

~~~Lissy~~~