7

Snape let go of my arm quickly. "Potter, tell me why you weren't eating last night." He demanded.

"I wasn't hungry sir. I couldn't eat more or I would've been sick." I told the scary teacher and the Prefect.

"Why? Are you ill, Potter?" Snape raised an eyebrow.

Quickly, I shook my head. "No sir. I just don't have a large appetite. I haven't since I was really little."

His eyebrow raised even further. "Any particular reason for that?"

"No sir." I lied skilfully. Snape didn't seem to fully believe it but went with it anyway.

"I shall have a house elf bring up food and water now. You do not have to eat it all but I wish my snakes to be healthy. Even the brats. Miss Farley, you may leave. I shall update you on my findings if I see it fit." Snape sighed and called out something that looked like 'Hokey' and clapped his hands twice.

A small, greyish creature appeared. It had a small, squashed nose, big, floppy, bat like ears and was wearing a crisp, white tea towel embroidered with the Hogwarts logo.

Snape turned to me and seemed shocked at my lack of reaction. Then, he turned to the creature I believe he called a house elf and presumably started giving orders.

'Hokey' bowed and disappeared with a snap of its boney fingers, leaving slight traces of magical residue. I shivered as I felt the unfamiliar magic in the air.

Yet again, I received weird looks from Snape. I must've looked confused at this because he asked me, "Are you cold, Potter?"

I shook my head. "Professor?" I asked timidly.

He nodded for me to continue.

"Why do you keep looking at me weirdly? Did I do something wrong?"

"No. Not in this meeting. I just found it odd that you showed no reaction to the house elf's loud entrance nor exit yet shivered after it had left. However, you claimed not to be cold. You're behaviour has changed tremendously since last night in the common room. Why so?" The Professor asked, taking a seat behind his desk.

"You, er, didn't exactly let me explain myself last night. I was not intentionally ignoring what you were saying. As I said, I do have a disability in my hearing. It helps if I lip read sometimes. I couldn't last night. So, I couldn't make out what exactly you were saying." I explained. "Also, I don't know what noise you are referring to. I heard none. However once the house elf had left, it left magical residue in the air which I felt. The unfamiliar magic understandably made me shiver upon contact."

Snape nodded and turned around, looking through a cabinet. Once he turned back around, he looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "Did you not hear that, Potter? I was speaking loud and clear. Even with a disability, which no where in your records does it state you have, you should have heard me." He confronted. "I want the truth and the truth only Potter."

I sighed. "I do technically have a disability within hearing. It's not on the records because even my aunt and uncle don't know about it. I'm deaf sir."

"Aunt who, Potter?" He asked me, eyes widening for a split second.

"Aunt Petunia. Why sir?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. "I don't understand why you need to know that sir."

His eyes widened again as he quickly muttered something before putting on a mask of indifference yet again. "No reason, Potter. What would you describe her treatment of you as? Kind? Loving?"

"Not exactly. I wouldn't say either of those really but I don't think it's the worst" I told Snape, still confused at the weird questions I was being asked.