28

Harry's POV

The two mad professors stormed over to the class, "Weasley, Potter, follow us now!" Snape told us.

I followed straight away while Ronald followed a little hesitantly.

When we got to the entrance to the castle, the Gryffindor head of house dragged Weasley up the stairs to her office while I was taken up to the charms classroom for some reason.

Snape knocked on the door and opened it, revealing a class of sixth year Slytherins and Ravenclaws. He looked at Professor Flitwick and asked, "Could I borrow Mr Flint for a moment?" Who was Mr Flint and why did Snape want him to come out of class, was it some sort of intimidation tactic before he got expelled? Was he there to beat me up before I went? Did they have those sorts of punishments here? I was terrified.

A tall, confused sixth year walked out of the classroom. "Yes, sir?"

"Potter, this is Marcus Flint, Flint, this is Harry Potter, if you agree, he will be the new Slytherin seeker, god knows we'd have a hard time finding one that would live up to Diaz's reputation and I have already set my bets with Minerva, I mean Professor McGonagall, for this year." I had no idea what that was but I hoped it wasn't anything too bad.

The sixth year, Flint, stared at me, circling for a minute before saying, "he does have the build for a seeker, small, probably light and speedy. Of course, he'd need a decent broom if he was going to play, a new one, everyone knows the school ones are the worst quality due to being about 20 years old. The question is, does he actually have any talent?"

Snape took the pocket watch from my hand, I hadn't even realised I was still holding it, and held it up to show Flint. "He caught this thing in a dive from easily 50 feet in the air and managed to pull up merely inches away from the ground with minimal injury. I believe it was his first time on a broom, am I right, Mr Potter?"

I nodded in return, "Yeah, it was my first time flying"

Flint looked incredibly shocked at this revelation, "You heard of Quidditch, Potter?" He questioned to which I shook my head. The boy looked like I had slapped him around the face at that. "H-how have you never heard of quidditch? Though I loathe to admit it, your father was an excellent player in his school days and always managed to get a win for the lions somehow. He was the captain of Gryffindor quidditch team. Surely you've heard the stories at least? He was one of the best chasers the school ever had."

Honestly, I wasn't as shocked as you'd think, it would explain why I knew how to fly without a lot of training.

"I didn't know that. Honestly, I don't know much about my parents but thank you for telling me. Er, would you perhaps be able to explain what a 'seeker' is and about this quidditch thing," I said as polite as possible.

The boy immediately dived into a detailed explanation of the game and all the rules before telling me to meet him down at the quidditch pitch after dinner the next day so he could test my ability. I, of course, agreed, it sounded like fun, something I would enjoy a lot.

After a few minutes of discussion, I was free to go back to my friends who, by now, would be back in the common room.

Once I got there, they were all sat on the floor by the fire, even Theodore was there. I sat down in between Draco and Theodore. "Hey guys!"

"Hey, Har. I take it you weren't expelled then?" Pansy asked bluntly to which I shook my head.

"No actually, I wasn't. I was taken to see Marcus Flint, a sixth year, head of the quidditch team, I'm meeting him tomorrow to see if I'm any good, if he thinks so, I'm going to be the new Slytherin seeker. Oh, that reminds me," I dug the silver pocket watch out of my robes and handed it to its rightful owner, "I believe this is yours, Theodore."

He smiled and took the watch back, "Thank you, Harry. And please, call me Theo, you're my friend after all, right?"

I nodded, smiling, "okay, Theo."

A/N sorry it's so short guys, I hope you enjoyed anyway. Thank you for all the supportive comments and votes, I really appreciate it.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great morning/afternoon/evening/night wherever you are x

~~~Lissy~~~