42

Draco's POV:

Harry was the first thing I saw when I woke up that night. It was about one in the morning and for some reason, Harry was there, shaking me awake, telling me to come with him, a dim lumos being the only lighting in the room.

I quickly got out of bed and threw on some shoes before Harry grabbed me and threw his invisibility cloak over the both of us, leading us out of the common room and up a few flights of stairs until we reached a door.

He opened it and quickly walked inside, casting a lumos and closing the door quietly behind him.

My hand was grabbed as I was pulled over to a large mirror then he dropped it to speak.

"Draco, look, look, my parents are in the reflection!" He gushed excitedly, "can you see them?"

I looked into the mirror as Harry stood next to me, smiling widely. All I saw was our faces staring back at me. The only difference is we looked a little older, more mature and Harry was leaning on me, the widest smile on his face. I didn't want to look away.

My first thought was that it showed the future and that Harry and I were going to be best friends forever. Then I realised that if Harry saw his parents, that wouldn't be an option.

"I don't see your parents, Har, I'm sorry," I told him, looking apologetic.

His face fell a little, "Th- then what do you see?"

"Us, but older, still best friends though," I told him truthfully, "It was weird, I didn't want to look away, it was as though the mirror's image was hypnotic. I don't think either of us should come back here, no matter how tempted we are. There's something weird about that mirror and it's not good."

Harry nodded though he looked sad about it. I understood why he might want to come back, he wanted to see his parents, it wasn't something he was able to do in real life. I felt bad but we couldn't stay there, or go again, I had a bad feeling about it.

Of course, Harry could do what he wanted to, I just want to make sure he's safe.

We went back to the dorms not long after and got back into bed.

A/N hey guys, I know it's short but I just wanted to get something out for you. You know, it's crazy how much attention this book has gotten. I thought it would get maybe ten people reading but there's almost 240k of you guys and I'm so happy. Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed it.

I hope you all have a wonderful morning/afternoon/evening/night wherever you are x

~~~lissy~~~