11

A/n ngl, this is ten days after I posted the last update and I'm still struggling to come up with a way to start this chapter. Writer's block sucks. Anyway, enjoy the chapter:

I sat on the bed in fear of them seeing more than they needed to. They already knew too much. I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings, too preoccupied with my thoughts which were whirling around my head, causing chaos in their wake. A gentle hand was laid on my arm, ripping me from my awful thoughts but also catching me off guard, making me flinch violently.

At the touch, I looked up to see Madame Pomfrey standing there. She started to speak, "I know this is scary for you but trust me when I say no harm shall befall you from doing this. We just need to know what's been going on."

My thoughts relaxed a little but I still didn't budge. I was still adamant about not letting them see anything at all. Even if they tried to reassure me, I was set on not showing.

Seeing that I wasn't moving, the nurse perched on the edge of the hospital bed, making sure I was looking at her before, "Harry, we just want to help you. Think about it, please. If you want, we could go through all the reasons it could be a good or a bad idea to show us what happened to you?"

I sat and thought for a while before nodding slightly in agreement to her suggestion.

She smiled at me softly and said, "Great! So do you want me to start and then you or the other way around?" I pointed to her shyly so she started. "Well, one good thing would be that we could help you get better. Another would be that we could possibly provide a safe space for you to stay. Do you have any to add, or perhaps a reason you don't think you should?"

I nodded again. "My uncle, he- he'd be really mad. He to- he told me not to tell anyone... If you can't- if you can't help me, I'll get hurt more."

A sad expression took over Madam Pomfrey's face as I talked, "I promise we will help you, no matter how long it takes, okay?" I nodded, feeling a little better than before. "If you want another reason to show us, here's one: you will be safer with us than anyone else, we are here to help and support you, no matter how big or small your problem is. We are here for you and your safety above all else. If we thought doing this would put you in any sort of danger, we wouldn't do it. I understand your concern for what may happen if you do show us but I promise, we won't let it happen. If it comes to it, we will prevent you from going to your relatives ourselves no matter who says we can't. Do you understand me?"

I had never had anyone say things like this to me before. I felt my eyes watering and for the first time in a while, I felt safe, properly safe. In a few seconds, I couldn't help myself, I leaned forward and took the nurse by surprise, giving her a small hug. A few seconds later, I leaned back and, as confidently as I could, told them, "I'll do it."

Draco's POV:

We waited for ages for Harry to show up but it didn't look like he would anytime soon so like we agreed, we made our way to the hospital wing and knocked a few times on the door.

No one came so we slowly opened it and walked inside, it didn't look as though anyone was there upon first glance. Pansy called out, "Er, excuse me? Is anyone here?"

I surveyed the room, spotting a familiar person step out of the confines of a curtain. The curtain was drawn around the bed furthest the door, we couldn't hear anything happening inside but we definitely heard the voice of my godfather speaking.

"Draco, Parkinson, Zabini? What are you three doing here? Don't tell me one of you has been hurt already, though I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest," he drawled with a slight smirk at the end but something seemed off about him.

"We were looking for Harry, Sev. Last we heard, he was with you, we've been looking since breakfast. Is he the one behind the curtain?" I inquired curiously.

Sev's face momentarily turned to a sad frown before quickly back to a mask of indifference but there was still sadness in his eyes as he nodded. "Yes it is Mr Potter behind the curtain, Draco. Do not worry yourselves, Potter is fine at the moment, he should be back with you before tea. Please don't pester the child with questions of what happened to him as it doesn't concern you unless he has specifically told you himself."

We nodded though I couldn't help but to say with a sad look, "Sev, he doesn't have much and the things he does have are less than befitting of a house elves' belongings. I don't think his relatives care too much about him... or at all. He even flinches at the slightest touch. I think he needs help. Please, Sev, help Harry. Please?" I didn't know why I cared for the skinny, little, green-eyed, messy-haired dork so much after only knowing him for barely two days but I did. I couldn't stop thinking about him, worrying about him. If something happened to Harry, I would be devastated, I don't think I could even handle the thought of something bad happening to the fragile boy from the robe shop.

A/n: hey guys, sorry for the long wait and the kinda short chapter. I know it's been almost a month. Literally, on Thursday it'll have been a month since the last update. I haven't had the easiest time writing recently but I finally got an idea for the chapter after weeks of not being able to think of anything. Also, if anyone has some Drarry stories they'd like to recommend, please do! I can't find any I haven't already read like 3 times! Please recommend something! Also, thank you to everyone reading this and being supportive.
Thank you for reading and I'll try to update again soon x

~~~Lissy~~~