43

Harry's POV:

I knew I shouldn't but I couldn't help it, for two weeks after Christmas, I found myself sneaking out of bed every night to go see my parents in that mirror.

Soon, it was time to go back to classes and by this point I was barely getting any sleep, sneaking out as soon as everyone was asleep and coming back around two hours before sunrise. My friends started picking up on this.

We were sat at breakfast one day and I kept yawning, leaning on my hand and nibbling a bit of toast. My friends were looking at me concerned. I can't say I blame them, there were dark bags under my eyes and I was very sluggish while moving, wanting nothing more than to go back to sleep but I had to see my parents.

Pansy nudged me one morning to draw my attention from eating, "So, I couldn't help but notice that you've been very tired recently. Care to explain why?" She asked, eyebrow raised.

"I, well, I, er, I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not tired," I told her but it probably would've been more convincing if I hadn't of yawned at the end of it or stumbled over my words. They definitely didn't believe me.

Draco looked at me, knowing what was going on. He knew that I was going back to the mirror behind his back, even after he said that it was dangerous.

I was sucked in by the mirrors allure but the strange thing was, I didn't want to escape it. Even though I knew it was dangerous and I was getting sucked in further and further, my want to see my parents shone through brighter than my knowledge of it being a danger to me.

To be honest, I didn't want it to stop, I could stay there forever, wasting away but I wouldn't care, I would be seeing mum and dad. It's difficult though because I can see them, sure, but I can't touch them, or talk to them, there's no interaction, just smiling and occasionally waving of them hugging my reflection. Oh how I wished I could feel that.

Back at my aunt and uncle's, Dudley always for loving hugs, I wished I had them too but they wouldn't hug me if someone tried paying them a million pounds. It's okay though, I wouldn't want to hug them either. I hate having to breathe the same air as them, why would I want to touch them? They're probably covered in disease, I don't want to catch whatever foul thing that makes them the way they are. Gods, I sound like Draco when he doesn't like someone.

Anyway, all of my friends picked up on my lie and gave me pointed looks. Hermione raised her eyebrow, mirroring Pansy and stared at me calculatingly.

"You've been sneaking out to do something at night haven't you? I don't know what but I'll find out eventually," she told me before going back to her cereal.

This was going to go down great... note my sarcasm.

A/N hey guys, I know it's short again bur at least it's something. I just want to say I'm really grateful for everyone reading and enjoying, it makes me so happy to know people enjoy my work. Thank you for reading.

Have a wonderful morning/afternoon/evening/night wherever you are x

~~~Lissy~~~