38

Harry's PoV:

I couldn't believe that I got as many presents as I did. I thought someone put some of Draco's there by mistake or perhaps they ran out of room for his. My aunt and uncle used to run out of room for Dudley's presents all the time. I rarely get one present every year. One time, my uncle just gave me a tissue and that was my present.

As soon as I partially got over my shock from both the presents and the note, Pansy skipped over to my bed, wrapped in Draco's quilt, and told me that we were opening our presents together and that I was going first. She shoved a neatly wrapped present into my hand.

"That one's from me," she smiled and sat by me.

I carefully unwrapped it to find a small, woven bracelet and a book on parseltongue. A smile took over my face and I gave her a hug.

She took the bracelet and tied it on my wrist, "there you go, I gave everyone one of these, well, Draco and Blaise already have one so I gave you 'Mione and Theo one. They're friendship bracelets. The book's from my family's library, no one reads it, they don't see much point considering the gift isn't in our family."

My smile became wider, "thank you, Pansy. They're amazing."

The excited girl responded with, "I knew you'd like it. Oh, I got a present for Eclipse too. It's not much, just snacks for her but I thought I'd best not leave her out," she hugged me again and told Draco that it was his turn to open his present from her which was a potions book.

Potions is his favourite subject so it made sense that she got him that with a claim of, "I didn't know what to get the boy who gets everything he wants at any time he wants. This was the safest option and besides, I can already tell you got me a book of hexes," she grinned, "that's my favourite subsection of charms."

She was right, she got a book of hexes and jinxes from him, and I got her a nice, silver locket. It wasn't too expensive but it wasn't cheap either. From what she told me about my book, they would cost about the same.

When Pansy opened my gift she immediately hugged me yet again before saying, "oh my gods, Harry, you're amazing! This is the locket I was looking at last week, I was going to save up my weekly allowance to buy it. Thank you!"

The locket immediately went around her neck and I smiled.

Draco opened his present from me and found a new wand holder that you strap to your arm under your robes. It had intricate green details on it and was made of dragon hide. 'Draco Malfoy' was engraved in silver around the top in cursive writing. His face lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw it.

"Thank you, Harry! I've been needing a better one, the straps on my old one keep breaking and I didn't want to ask mother and father for one since that one was only a month old when it broke," he told me happily.

I opened his present next, it was a brand new book on quidditch, he noticed that I kept looking at it whilst in the library. The library's copy is really old and most of the pages are ripped or scribbled on or even missing. He also put a small box with a treacle tart in with the book, knowing it was my favourite. I smiled at the thoughtful gifts.

"Thank you, Draco," I said happily.

Pretty soon, I ran out of presents to open. Hermione sent me some sugar free sweets because her parents are dentists, Blaise sent me a box of chocolate frogs and Theo sent me Bertie Botts every flavour beans.

Hagrid even sent me a present. It was wrapped in brown parcel paper rather messily with a note sellotaped to it. Inside the paper was a hand whittled wooden flute.

The last present I got didn't have a name telling me who it was from. I opened it and a silvery thing slipped out of the paper onto my bed. It looked like running water had been turned into fabric.

When I picked it up, it felt like liquid in my hands and my two friends' jaws dropped.

"Harry, do you know what that is?" Draco asked me, getting off of his bed and sitting on mine.

I shook my head, looking at him curiously.

"It's an invisibility cloak. There's only one actual cloak in existence, of course people try to make replicas but they don't look like that and don't work for long. This looks rather old," he picked up the cloak and grabbed my hand, pulling me to my feet and standing me in front of a mirror. Draco then placed the cloak in my hands and said, "put it on, I reckon it's the real deal. It kinda makes sense actually, the Potters are a very old family, they were bound to descend from some sort of important wizard or witch in history. This proves it."

After he stopped speaking, I wrapped the cloak around my shoulders and watched as my body disappeared from my shoulders down. It was so weird to see but really cool at the same time.

Pansy caught my attention as I took the cloak off. "Hey, Har, there's a note here! It says 'Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it well.' There's no name anywhere."

We searched for a little bit to see if we had dropped a note with a name on but there wasn't one so we decided to just carry on opening presents. Well, I was only watching having run out of things to open.

This was already the best Christmas I ever had.

A/N hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's a little longer than usual.

If any of you ever want to talk or vent or ask questions, feel free, I won't judge, just know I'm here for everyone. My private messages work if you don't feel comfortable commenting on here. It's completely fine if you just want to get something out of your system ever, I will always try to respond and do what I can to help.

I hope you have a great morning/afternoon/evening/night wherever you are x

~~~Lissy~~~