3

Harry's POV

I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe I actually told them. I also couldn't believe they actually didn't care. As far as I could tell anyway.

"Y-you don't mind?" I whispered. Draco pulled away and looked at me.

"Of course not, Harry. It doesn't matter if you can or can't hear me. All that matters is that you, are you. Never think we won't accept you for something you can't control." Was his reply.

The two other people in the compartment nodded in agreement.

After 8 hours of talking, the train came to a stop. Many people with ages ranging from eleven to seventeen filed off the train, pushing and shoving as they went.

When we finally made it onto the platform, Pansy grabbed my arm and dragged me over to a familiar figure. Hagrid. "Hi, Harry!" Hagrid said. It was hard, but I had somehow managed to make out his words.

I waved shyly and soon got dragged off again by Pansy. She practically pushed me into a small boat before climbing in herself.

The boat glided across the water gracefully as we all looked up in awe of the black castle stood tall and proud upon a hill.

Soon, we reached an opening, covered by vines. Inside was a cave with docks. Once the boat stopped, we all climbed onto the rocky ground before a staircase.

Hagrid stepped forward and knocked causing a stern looking woman to walk out. I couldn't make out what she was saying though as Draco, Blaise, Pansy and I were near the back of the cavern.

She walked us through the door and into a huge entrance hall about 5 sizes bigger than the Dursley residence. Then we were taken to a side chamber. The woman left soon after.

I turned to Draco. "Um, w-what did the l-lady say? I-I couldn't see."

"That was Professor McGonagall. She teacher transfiguration and is head of Gryffindor house. Basically, all she said was the house you are sorted into would be like your family during your time here. Then she told us all to smarten up before going in. I swear her eyes drifted to your hair when she said that." He said trying not to laugh.

I pouted playfully. "It's not my fault it won't stay flat!"

He laughed and ruffled my hair. I folded my arms and glared at him. It wasn't fair! He was so much taller than me.

Suddenly, everyone turned around. I followed their actions to be greeted by silvery figures drifting through the wall, talking about someone called Peeves I think.

One turned to us and said something along the lines of, "first years! I hope to see you in Hufflepuff.". If I remembered correctly, that was the house of loyalty.

I preferred the thought of being in Slytherin or Gryffindor honestly. They seemed more like my type of places. Slytherin more than Gryffindor.

I was having a conversation with Draco when he just stopped talking and scowled. Thinking nothing of it, I carried on my conversation.

I felt a hard, repetitive tap on my shoulder. When I turned around, I was met by a tall redheaded boy.

"What's your problem?" He asked me looking very angry. "You shouldn't just ignore people you know. It's incredibly rude."

Draco sneered at him. "Red hair, hand me down robes and a stupid complexion, you must be a Weasley. Harry, let's go away from him. It's not a good idea to mix with people like them."

"Draco! That's rude! I'm sorry I 'ignored' you. I honestly didn't hear you. I'm sorry, er..."

"Ron Weasley. And a Malfoy. Really? They're really not the people you should be hanging around, mate."

"Er, first off, I'm not your 'mate' and why should I believe what you say about my best friend?" I asked coldly. "You shouldn't have an opinion about who I should and shouldn't hang around with. I don't even know you!"

The redhead looked down at me. "My family has a century long blood feud with his. His father had a part in trying to kill off muggles and muggleborns. Not excluding your parents too. He helped with that. The potters and Malfoys never got along. Ever." He sneered at Draco, who looked outraged at the mention of his father.

"Draco isn't his father." I seethed.

Said blonde turned me around and pointed towards the strict lady from before.

"We're going for the sorting now." He said, making sure I was looking.