Chapter 10 - Nate

"You made it!" I exclaim as my friends file in to my office and come over to greet me. I stand up so I can return all their gestures, hand-clapping my boys and offering a quick hug and cheek-kiss to the girls. Delilah hesitates when it's her turn and I have to hold back a smile.

It's been a week since the late night we had and although I've seen her everyday since, part of her always gets a little nervous at first when she first sees me. I'm not going to lie—I think about that night a lot. Just the thought of my sweet and innocent Angel touching herself while she was next door to me had made me so hard I was surprised I lasted through our whole conversation. As soon as I got home, I got in the shower and relieved myself of all the tension I was feeling. The entire time I'd imagined Delilah's soft gasps and quiet moans as those dainty fingers played with herself. I had a feeling she was quiet in bed but definitely expressive like she often is with me. How would she react if I put my hands on her? Or better yet, my mouth on her?

I clear my throat, feeling a muscle pulse in my jaw, as I watch Delilah walk towards me. She's blushing, unsurprisingly, and can probably tell what I'm thinking about. It's not like I try to hide it anymore anyways.

"Hey." I wrap my arms around her and hug her to me, swaying gently. I speak quietly into her ear. "You good?"

She nods against my chest as her arms tighten momentarily before she lets go and steps back. I clasp her chin in my hand and duck my head so I can kiss her softly on the cheek, just mere inches away from her mouth. When I rear back to look at her, she watches me curiously and a small smile tugs at her lips. That's definitely a first. Normally she'd pull away and hide behind either Em or Avery, embarrassed by the PDA. I can't exactly say what that means but it makes me smile in return. "You look gorgeous."

"Thank you." She whispers and looks down at herself, probably wondering what I see. Her outfit of the night is a simple maroon dress that flares out at her waist and stops above her knees and she's wearing matching ballet flats. She left her hair down the way I like so much and I can't resist catching a stand between my fingers, drawing her attention back to me.

"You gonna introduce us?" Cam interrupts although he's watching the two of us with a huge smile. Everyone is, I realize. Delilah catches on too a second later but this time she hides behind me. Also considering that a win, I wrap my arm around her and hold her to me protectively.

"He probably thinks the most trustworthy people in his life will suddenly morph into serial killers because that's how his brain functions around his little sisters." Lexie remarks dryly and I throw a glare her way, one that says if-you-keep-this-up-I'll-send-you-home. She rolls her eyes. "I'm Lexie."

"Hard to believe you're related to this jerk-off." Cameron grins at her in a way that makes women go stupid and apparently my sister is no exception, looking a little dazed as she shakes his outstretched hand. "Nice to meet you, Lexie. You're very beautiful."

"Thank you." She giggles and I scoff. Gag me.

I look down when I feel a nudging in my ribs. Delilah rises up on her toes so she can speak into my ear. "He's just being Cam. Your sister is here for a good time so don't act like her bodyguard or she won't have that."

"Traitor." I murmur playfully but press a kiss to her temple. "Fine. But only because you said so."

"She is so my new best friend." Lexie mumbles, clearly eavesdropping on us. She elbows me out of the way and I grunt, my arm falling off of Delilah's shoulders. "You must be the Nate-whisperer. Thank you for your service."

"Thank you for your service." I mimic in an exaggerated high-pitched voice to which Lexie gives me the finger. Brat.

"It's nice to meet you." Delilah responds kindly while throwing me another look that has me clamping my mouth shut. Okay—so maybe the brat is on to something. The guys break out into snickers and I tell them to suck my dick. I regret it immediately when Cameron wiggles his brows suggestively and takes a step forward. I look at Avery as a silent plea but she only gives me a thumbs up and a grin. Why did I think I could count on her? She's just as bad as he is.