Chapter 27 - Nate

"Nathaniel Aiden Hunter!"

I laugh before I turn around, recognizing the voice of the only person that calls me that.

"Aria Macy Hunter."

And it's hard as fuck to hold back tears when my sister crashes into me before I can even get a good look at her, her arms coming around my waist so tightly my breathing gets rigid. I honestly don't give a fuck about that, though. I hug her back just as tight and lift her up to spin her around. Her familiar scent hits me like a ton of bricks and it's amazing how at home I feel. There's just a sense of belonging you have with your twin that you can't get with anyone else in your life, no matter who they are. And not being able to see Aria for more than a year? It fucking sucked.

"It's about time." I say gruffly and set her down. I take a step back so I can get a better look at her. "You look amazing, sis."

And she does. She's never looked healthier or happier and when she beams up at me with a smile that displays all of her teeth, I realize that I haven't seen that smile in years. It reminds me so much of the old Aria that damn if my nose doesn't start stinging a little bit.

"So do you, bro." Her voice is also husky but she holds back the tears like I do. She squeezes my hand with both of hers. "You look happy."

"I was thinking the same about you." My smile is bittersweet. I love that we're both in a good place but hate that it has to be when we're miles apart.

"Don't do that." I don't even have to ask how she knew what I was thinking. Sometimes I forget how strong twin instinct is. "You're here now and not for long so let's just enjoy it. Stop thinking about how we're going to be miles away soon when you just got here."

"You're right." I sigh because she is. It's only then that I notice another woman standing behind her, standing patiently and watching us with an amused smile. I hold my hand out, remembering my manners. "Hey. I'm Nate."

"That I know." She grins and shakes my hand. "I've heard about you so much I feel like I already know you. Helps that you're kind of famous too."

I laugh a little bashfully at the compliment. "Well, thanks. You a friend of Ria?"

"You haven't told him about me?" She puts a hand to her chest but it's clear she's just joking around. Aria gives her a little shove, laughing. "I'm this dipshit's best friend. My name is Melanie but I go by Lenny. It helps with my tough girl persona."

I smile in amusement at that. She isn't wrong. She's definitely badass and equally stunning too. She has piercing ice blue eyes, jet black hair, and sharp and tough features. She has various tattoos on her arms and legs that would make her look kind of intimidating if it wasn't for her carefree smile that tells me she's sweet as hell. I can admit she's one of the most gorgeous women I've ever seen and based on the fact that Aria is so comfortable around her? I immediately like her. Aria doesn't trust easy so I know her best friend was carefully picked.

"Actually, Ria has mentioned you. I just always assumed Lenny was a dude."

"You thought I had a guy best friend and didn't lose your shit?" Aria's mouth actually drops open. "Are you even my brother?"

"You're so fucking dramatic." I roll my eyes. I don't elaborate and tell her that I felt fucking elated that she was getting close to guys to begin with. I'd worried that she'd never trust one again besides me and so I felt relief when I thought her best friend was a male. I was definitely wrong and now I'm back to square one, wondering if she'll ever give any guy a chance in the future. I just don't want her to think that all the dudes are there as shitty as Robbie. I want her to be able to trust love if it ever comes into her life. I would have never looked at it that way before but maybe she's right — I did change. I have Del and now I want Aria to have someone too.