Chapter 31 - Delilah

"Why did I leave this to the last minute?" I groan and catch Zack's attention, who's happily perched against my chest in the carry-on. He can't stop staring at everything around him, way too amused for just the drug store. Every beeping sound and whirring of shopping carts is overstimulation to him and he hasn't stopped kicking his legs in excitement.

"Mama's usually more responsible but these past few days have been way too busy." I continue as if he can understand me.

And then I blush when I recall last night with Nate and all the sex we've been having. Every time gets better than the last and yesterday at the hotel was a dream. Having Nate show me off on the red carpet as his date, the absolute pride in his eyes as he watched me, it was like a fairytale. And then the confessions we shared afterwards? Nate has never been so vulnerable with me and it felt like a big step in our relationship. We're stronger than ever emotionally and definitely sexually.

It's just...wow. Who knew sex could be so freaking amazing? It's like my body is constantly being electrocuted with desire and it's way more appealing than it sounds. I think I've officially become a sex-fanatic. I don't even think twice when I spot the several boxes of condoms lined up and grab two handfuls — extra large. Because Nate is definitely as big down there as the rest of him is. Everything about him screams wicked and sinful masculinity. I can't seem to get over how hot he is and the fact that he's the most incredible human being to walk this planet just makes him even hotter.

I'm too busy daydreaming about him and that's probably why I don't see the shopping cart in front of me, my cart bumping into him and startling Zack.

"Sorry, sweetness." I touch his cheek in reassurance before looking up to apologize to whoever I bumped into. "And I'm so sor—"

My words get caught in my throat when a pair of familiar green eyes meet mine. I feel my fists tighten around the bar of the shopping cart, a horrible and icky feeling crawling down my spine. I swallow down the bitterness in my throat, forcing the words out.

"Chris?"

"Hi, Delilah." His words sound just as forced.

When his gaze dips down to Zack, I feel a fierce rush of protectiveness and anger. I let go of the cart and wrap my arms around him, hugging him to me as Zack stares curiously at Chris. My heart rate picks up and I briefly wonder if Zack can somehow feel his biological father is standing in front of him. That's crazy right? There's just no way.

"Is that..." Chris trails off, still eyeing him.

"None of your business." I snap instead of giving him a name.

His gaze comes back to mine and if I'm not mistaken, flash with anger.

"So, who's his dad then?" He sneers. "That fucker, Nate?"

I'm so shocked at Nate's name coming up that all I can manage is a confused, "Huh?"

"I saw you two on the news yesterday from that event. Got curious and checked out your Instagram and there's pictures of the three of you everywhere." He's definitely angry. And why the hell is he keeping tabs on me? "Acting like you're some happy family. Fucking spare me."

"You don't know shit, Chris." I force my voice to remain calm. I can already tell Zack is becoming uncomfortable, feeling the change in atmosphere. "You chose to leave so you don't get to be mad about the fact that I've moved on. Go to hell."

He laughs and it's bitter. "You're a fake, Delilah. Always acted so goddamn innocent when the whole time you were with me, you were pining for some other guy's dick. Drop the good girl act already. You're a fucking slut."