Chapter 13 - Delilah

"A penis!"

I blink. What?

"Oh, my." Mom mumbles.

My OBG-YN laughs at our shell-shocked expressions. "I'm sorry. I should have phrased that better. I meant that I can very clearly see a penis and that means you're having a boy!"

I gasp at the same time Mom squeals and immediately wraps her arms around me. My hand goes to my abdomen and tears well up in my eyes now that I know I have a son in there.

A son. I'm really having a son.

"Thank you so much." I tell the doctor as I take the sonogram from her. She was having trouble with the ultrasound and said she couldn't make out the gender so she told Mom and I to wait in the waiting room while she went over the ultrasound with some other doctors. We'd been waiting anxiously for about five minutes before she came from behind the closed door with a huge smile on her face.

"You're welcome." She pats my forearm. "Congratulations."

I thank her again and she waves a goodbye at us as she walks away.

I snap out of my daze and finally hug Mom back. There's no stopping my tears.

"A boy." I sniffle. "Mom."

"I know." She coos and runs a comforting hand over my hair. "I kind of expected it to be girl."

"Me too. What do we know about boys?"

"We'll learn. We're practically raising five of them." She rolls her eyes and I laugh under my breath at her jab at the Fighter's Den men. "And we can always ask Emily questions."

"Lucas is going to have a friend." I smile at the thought.

"And what are we going to call that friend?" Mom nudges me.

"I don't know. For some reason I haven't even thought about names yet."

"That's because there's always so much to think about when it comes to babies. And now that we know the gender there's a lot of work to do, honey. Clothes, toys, what his nursery will look like to name a few."

"Oh, God." I mutter. "How will I afford all of that?"

"We'll make it work." She kisses my cheek. "We still have the money Jaxon gave us from his championship cheque and both of us earn a living."

"But..I feel bad, Mom. I don't want to take money from you if I'm being honest."

"And why not?" She levels me with her no-nonsense glare. "And don't even think about telling me it's because I didn't have anyone to help me pay the bills when I had you. I wish I did, honey. I can't tell you how much that would have helped me so you're accepting my money. I'm not asking."

I know that tone. There's no point in arguing. "Okay, Mama."

"Good." She squeezes me hand. "You may be having a baby but you're still my baby."

"I'll always be." I promise with a smile. "My son is going to be so lucky to have you as a grandma."

"Your son." Now it's Mom's turn to cry. "Just hearing you say that..."

"I know." I hug her to me and we both take a minute to feel the happiness of our little blessing. I can't help but smile at the fact that for once, I'm totally happy about this. Yeah, there are worries at the back of my mind but I know I'd do anything for this baby and I can't wait to meet him.

"Mama?" I ask quietly. She squeezes my hand like she knows what I'm about to say. "It might make me pathetic to admit this but...even now...I wonder, you know? If he wants to know or if I should tell him."