7

She didn't open the store the next day, or the day after that, or the day after that.

Hoping that Jungkook would leave her alone, she had enough gold to last her the next few months, so it did not make much difference if she kept the store shut for a few more days.

Jungkook did indeed come, everyday, he would knock several times before waiting, but each day he came, he waited less, it soon came to him waiting for 5 minutes before leaving.

The girl was inside the store for most of those days, but she now she used that time to organise and clean the store, as it had been a while since she touched most things and now a layer of dust coated the objects like a thin layer of snow.

She ignored every knock or any sort of sound that indicated that someone presence at the door, and it would go away eventually. She knew it was Jungkook, because no one else seemed to approach the store when the sign on the door clearly stated closed.

It was now 8pm, and it had gotten dark outside.

She grabbed her warm coat from the hook on the wall, slipping it on as she made her way to the door.

Exiting the store, and locked it, pulling the handle to confirm that she had indeed locked it correctly.

Before she could walk away strong arms pinned her to the mud brown door.

"Why have been avoiding me?" His voice seemed oddly familiar.

"Mr Jeon?"

"Why do you seem so surprised? After all my dear you can't avoid me forever." She could feel his breath on her face.

"Would you please excuse me, I must head home, my mother must be waiting for me. "

"But I've been waiting for days." She could hear the desperation in his voice.

"Could you please let me go of me, while I am asking nicely." She said, beginning to struggled against his hold, but it was no use. Jungkook stayed firmly where he was.

"If you continue to avoid me, I will have this place shut down." He threatened.

"You wouldn't dare." She said glaring at him.

He smirked.

"My love, I am capable of doing so much more, if I wished I could have you living on the streets."

"I need to go, it's getting late." She said, looking away from his gaze.

"Then let me escort you home, I have a carriage waiting just around the corner. " He said, lifting her chin, so her eyes were back on him.

"I am very capable of escorting myself." She said confidently.

"My love you should not be walking alone while it so dark, yet alone at this hour."

"Stop calling me that!" She snapped.

"Then tell me your name."

"Will you please excuse me, I must take my leave." She says, as she stood on his beloved foot, applying as much pressure as possible, causing him to stumble backwards hopping onto one foot while lifting the other into the air before it could get injured any more.

"You just assualted me, I could put you behind bars for your reckless actions."

"I do believe I warned you, yet you failed to listen and therefore the consequence is partially your own doing, also you just harassed me, so that makes us even." She stated, and started to walk away.

Before she could walk any further, she was lifted up into the air and thrown over his shoulder.

"Mr Jeon put me down this instant." She says, as she struggled, trying to get out of his iron grasp.

He ignored her, as he walked towards his carriage, he carried her as if she weighed no more than a small feather.

"Put me down right now or I will have no choice but to scream."

He placed he into the carriage, she tried getting out but he had sat beside her swinging the door shut, as the carriage started to move.

"Stop this carriage immediately, I must get off."

"My dear I am trying to protect you, what if something were to happen to you, I'd feel responsible, and as the gentleman I am it is my duty to escort, how should I say...a damsel in distress?"

"I am not a damsel in distress, so be the gentleman you claim to be and let me go this instance."

"There is only a few minutes left and we will arrive at our destination."

"Are you kidnapping me?" She asked, going pale at the thought.

"No my love, how can you even think such a thing?"

"When it comes to you I wouldn't be surprised if you turned out to be a criminal."

"I am only taking you home, why are you being so troublesome?"

"How do you know where I live?" She questioned.

"My dear, it is my job to know."

"Have you been stalking me?"

He only smirks, before looking out the carriage window.