20

She went to visit her mother, it had been a few days since she had done so, as for the past few days the store seemed getting more customers than usual.

Her mother was fast asleep when she entered her room, she looked so fragile up close. Her skin was pasty pale and heavy eye bags rested under her eyes, as if she had nod gotten enough rest since the past few days. Her mother's eyes flutter open as she heard her daughters feet tap on the floor as she approached her.

"Did I wake you?"

"No my dear, I was just having a little nap." She said, pushing herself up into a sitting position.

Her mother started to cough, grabbing the glass of water she held it to her mother's lips allowing the cool liquid to go down her throat.

The girl had a worry look on her face, as she spotted some blood on the corner of her mother's mouth.

"My child I am fine, there is no need to look so worried." She said, patting her daughter's hand.

"How can you be fine? You are coughing blood." Her hands started to shake in fear, tears threatened to fall, but she didn't want her mother to see her in such a state, it would only cause her to worry.

"Oh this?" She said wiping the side of her mouth with a tissue.

"It's nothing to worry about my dear, its just a little cough I caught." Her mother let the lie slip through her teeth.

"My love, I wasn't expecting you to be here this late. Visiting hours ended a few hours ago." The girl turned her head to find Jungkook standing in the door way.

"Jungkook dear it has been some time since I last saw you, how have you been doing my child?"

"I am fine mom, I am sure you missed me for the past two weeks, unlike your daughter. How have you been?"

"I've never been better." She replied smiling.

"She's getting worse." The girl whispered under her breath.

"What is it dear?" Her mother asked, her tone showed nothing but kindness.

"I said your getting worse, its perfectly clear. There is no need to lie, I may not be doctor, but I am not that stupid to not know what a healthy person should look like."

"Why it is only a mere cough, you know how I usually get coughs when it gets colder, isn't that right Jungkook." She said looking at Jungkook for an answer.

"My love, she is once of the healthiest patients in this hospital and she is making a splendid recovery. So there is no need to worry." Jungkook lied, he knew the truth, but he couldn't bring himself to tell her. He had promised her mother that he would never let her daughter worry.

"Don't lie to me." She said glaring at Jungkook.

"Why would I lie to you my love?"

"I am not your love."

"So, my darling, are you coming to my party?"

"What party?" Her mother asked, clearly confused.

"I am throwing a party to celebrate my achievements, and invited your daughter, however she refuses to come. It breaks my heart, I was only trying to be kind and yet she rejects me as if I were worthless." He said pouting innocently.

"You are going to that party young lady." Her mother said in a serious tone.

"Why?"

"Because I am your mother, and I said so."

"But..."

"No buts, you are going."

Sighing she just nodded her head, she really did not want to attend. However, she could not find herself saying no to her mother.

---------------***---------------

She stood in front of her full length mirror, the corset she wore was tight, making it harder to breathe. However, she couldn't help but admire herself. The gown was perfect, it was if Jungkook really did have a fairy god mother to make this.

The gems sparkled like stars, she felt like she was wearing the night sky itself. Her hair fell in dark waves all the way down to her waist.

She looked elegant, like an upper class woman she saw at the restaurant. Perhaps even prettier.

Jungkook also had brought her jewellery, they were in the third box that she did not get the chance to open on the day she received them. Diamond earrings dangled from her ears, and a matching necklace hung around her neck. There was a mask too, it too matched the dress, the diamonds on it were scattered across like fallen stars, but she could not bring herself to wear it. She did not want to blend in with the upper class, she was a person that should not have tangled herself in such a situation in the first place. Had Jungkook brought it so she could hide her identity, hide the fact that she did not belong there?

This perfect dress, this jewellery, everything belonged to someone else. Belonged to Jungkook's 'true love', which was and never would be her.

Sighing she placed the mask back in its box and left it on her drawer. She decided that everything will be ended tonight, she will return all of Jungkook's possessions. Including the books she fell in love with, but she could not give back the chocolate that she ate, but she would pay him back for them instead.

She was not born in that upper class society, she did not belong there. And hopefully tonight she will be able to put things back how they should be.

Author's Note: Hey all, just wanted to say thank you so much for 2k reads. Hope you are all doing well and are happy, healthy, and safe. Love you guys lots.