41

The head maid hurried over, swinging the door open.

Jungkook strolled in.

"You are all dismissed." The maids walked out the door with satisfied grins on their faces.

"Is this really necessary?" The girl questioned.

"Is it not to your liking?"

"Of course not." She replied, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I think you look stunning, and I'm sure your mother will think so too."

He walks over to her, lifting her up in his arms, walking into the corridor.

"Put me down, do you not recall what I said earlier?"

"It's best you but as little strain as possible on your ankle for a speedy recovery. I'll put you down outside your mother's room." He replied.

"Why did the maids call me your my fiancé?"

"You see having a woman live here, who is not accompanied with her husband or father, people tend to make wrong assumptions. In order to avoid gossip, I told my staff that you are my wife to be, and who knows, it might even lead to that." He winking.

"How dare you say something like that without my consent!? This will surely increase assumptions and gossip!"

"We have reached out destination my lady." He said, ignoring her statement, placing her on her bare feet, the maids only had heels prepared for her to wear, but with a twisted ankle it would be impossible to walk in them.

The door she stood in front of had a lock. Her heart hammered in her chest like a drum. Had her mother been forcefully kept in this room? How long had she been made to stay like this?

Jungkook casually takes out a key, inserting it into the key hole, with a twist of the wrist the lock clicked open.

"Why is there a lock on the door?"

"Do not worry love, she's absolutely fine."

"That doesn't explain why she is locked in a room!"

"We can discuss this matter later, I am sure you are eager to see her." Without another he pushes the door open.

Her mother lay in a bed fast a sleep. Pain shot up her ankle as she ran across the room, throwing herself at her mother, hugging her tightly. The actions caused her mother to jolt awake. Her mother's arms immediately wrap around her as tears well in her eyes as she began to cry, her daughter was finally safe in her arms.

The girls shoulder throbbed from the movement, luckily the maids had bandaged it up again, to ensure it didn't get infected.

Jungkook quietly closes the door, allowing them to have their mother daughter time to themselves.

"Where have you been my child? It has been months since I last saw you, I thought something had happened to you!" Her mother sobbed, clutching the girl tighter to her chest.

She was speechless, what could she say? She couldn't tell her, what could say to relieve her mother of all this tension?

"I know there's something my child."

"W-what do you mean?" The girl asked, sitting up but still gripping her mother's hand tightly in hers.

"Jungkook was asking me what you knew of my branding."

Her mother knew she was hiding something. After all she was her mother, and the fact that she had begun to tremble certainly meant something.

"What are you keeping from me, you know you can trust me child. I love you." Her mother's tear stained face broke her heart.