29

Author's Note:HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!! MAY THIS YEAR BRING US ALL JOY AND SUCCESS!

---------------------------------------------------

Taehyung had insisted on escorting her home.

"Come on, it's not everyday such a pretty face gets to be a lovely ladies escort." He said wiggling his eyebrows.

"A pretty face? Where? I do not see it." Her stuttering had now faded as if it was never there.

"I cannot bear the truth." He said clutching his heart and pretends to faint.

She let out a small laugh. Indeed he was quite handsome, but she could not say that.

He grins, hearing her finally laugh.

"At least that brought a smile upon your face. How rude of me, I have not yet introduced myself. I am Kim Taehyung, and you are?" He said doing an over exaggerated bow, as if he were speaking to royalty.

"No one of importance." She said.

"My dear, it is alright to call you that? Everyone on this planet is important, or has importance to someone. I am sure you have importance to your mother."

This was the first person she had come across who had asked her if she was comfortable with them calling her 'dear' or whatever nickname they decided to give her.

"So will you allow me to escort you home? Unless you are planning to go elsewhere,  may I perhaps escort you there? But I would advise you to go home on rest instead."

She didn't want to go home, but she couldn't exactly stay here either.

"I would like to go home."

"Alright my lady, let us be on our way." He said smiling.

---------------***---------------

The carriage pulled up at her door. The driver got off, pulling the door open.

"Would you like to join me for horse riding tomorrow afternoon?" Taehyung asked.

"I'm afraid I cannot accept, I do not know how to horse ride. Nor do I have appropriate clothing for it."

"Leave that to me."

"You've already done more than enough, I couldn't be more grateful for all your help."

"If you insist, perhaps another time?"

"Perhaps."

"Then I hope to meet you again." He said smiling, as she got off the carriage.

She gave a small smile before heading inside.

---------------***---------------

Two days had passes, she sat in her store starring at her cracked crystal ball, she never used the thing, it was just there for decorative purposes. She did not think looking into a ball of glass would help predict anything.

Only one person had come by, that as well asking for directions to another store.

"I see you spoke the truth, your store is indeed been damaged deeply."

"What are you doing here Mr Jeon?"

"I have simply come by to apologise for the inappropriate behaviour of one of my employees. I can assure you it will never happen again."

"Do not worry Mr Jeon, I do not intend on visiting the hospital in the future."

"Pardon?"

"I plan on having my mother move to another hospital,  clearly your staff cannot be trusted." She replied sternly.

"But my dear..."

"Do not call me that, I do believe it is best for you and I to never cross paths again. I would also prefer my mother to be in more trustworthy hands."

"What if I said no?" He asked.

"You have no right to."

"Considering your current bills been paid, I have full control of what may happen to the patient until the next medical bill is due."

"You have no reason to keep her there, she has done you no harm."

"It is true, but my dear, all rules and regulations apply to everyone. They cannot be changed just because you want them to. You should always read the fine print, most contracts have them and they can result in deadly consequences."

"Is that a threat?"

"Not at all." He said smirking.

"It certainly sounded like one."

"Do not worry, I would never let any harm come to any individual in the hospital."

"It seems that rule did not apply to me."

"Please accept my deepest apologies, I was unaware that such events may take place."

"And yet your hospital is ranked the highest in the country."

"I have done everything in my power to ensure he pays for his crimes."

"If that is all, you may leave I have other things to attend to."

"Such as attending to customers?" She could hear the sarcasm in his voice. He knew that her store no longer held a presentable image, due to the unfortunate events that took place.

"If that is what I may need to do then yes, so please show yourself out."

Jungkook walked over to the door, and admired the broken lock.

"You should get that fixed." He said, before walking out the door.