15

Author's Note: Thank you so much for 1k views!

She visited her mother almost everyday, it was clear that her mother's condition was getting worse day by day, and no matter how many times her mother claimed to be fine by saying 'I've never been better my child'. Will not persuade her, she saw the medical reports that were accidently left at a desk in her mother's room. The data collected showed that her mother's health was declining. Jungkook had snatched the report out of her hand, she demanded it back, but he claimed it was another patients, and therefore information on there was strictly private.

She knew he was lying, she saw her mother's name printed in bold at the top of the report, but she decided not to argue any further knowing that he wouldn't give it to her.

She didn't want to open the store today, she wanted to be by her mother's side, as she feared the 'many years left to live' her mother always claimed to have would only be a few weeks, if not days, but she ignored it excusing it as the symptoms from the medicine Jungkook gave her, even though it was days ago.

She flipped the sign to open and went back to her seat, grabbing the book that she had began to read. It was a mystery thriller, the author had described every detail so perfectly that she could imagine every scene clearly in her mind, the writer had her hooked from the moment she began reading the first page.

Once again she was so caught up in the book that she did not hear Jungkook enter the store.

"My love, what book is it that you are reading you did not answer me last time."

She looked up to find Jungkook standing before her, with a stack of books piled up in his hands.

"It does not concern you." She said placing her bookmark in her book before flipping it shut.

"But I brought you all these latest novels." He said placing them on the table.

Her eyes lit up as she caught the title of the first book upon the stack.

She picked it up, looking at in interest.

"Where did you get this? This book isn't due to publish until next week." She said.

"I have my connection, there is no point in having a huge library if does not contain the latest books, these came in this morning and I thought you may be interested." He said.

 "So they are for me?" She asked.

"No." He replied with a straight face.

"Oh." She tried her best not to show the disappointment in her voice.

"I am joking my love, of course they are for you, but on one condition."

"I will not marry you if that is what you are going to ask."

"Fine, what about a kiss?"

"I'd rather kiss a frog than kiss you."

"Why would you want to kiss a slimy creature, when you already have a prince charming standing before you."

"Where? I do not see him." She said, looking around.

Jungkook clutches his heart and acts to faint into the chair beside him.

"Don't be so dramatic." She said, walking towards him.

He did not reply nor move.

"Jungkook?" She said, shaking him lightly.

He did not respond.

She knew she was going to regret what she was about to do, but she had no choice, what if he was actually dead? Then the authorities would take her away and have her behind bars, or worse give her the death penalty.

She leaned down and placed a kiss upon his cheek, his eyes immediately shoot open.

"Now that wasn't so bad, was it my love?" He said grinning at her.

Blood rushed to her cheeks, as she wiped her lips with the back of her hand.

"Have you read the tale where the prince awakes the princess with a kiss."

"I believe you are referring to Sleeping Beauty."

"Well I think the tale just became real, except the prince was awaken by a kiss from the princess."

"Don't be ridiculous."

"Awe my love is blushing."

"I am not."

Jungkook just smirks in response.

"Well my love, I guess you may keep the books."

Her eyes lit up on hearing him say that, she could not wait till she could read them all.

"T-thank you." She managed to stutter.

"What?"

"I said thank you."