33

"Cat got your tongue?" He asked mockingly.

"W-where is she?" She stuttered.

"All in good time, now would you care to dance?" He asked, holding out his hand.

Hesitantly she placed her hand in his, allowing him to pull her to the centre of the ballroom.

"Are y-you going to answer my question?"

"You do realise that the life of your mother is my hands, I wouldn't be so persistent if I were you."

Silently she continued to dance, every now and then accidently stepping on his foot, she mumbled her apologies each time.

"You really can't dance, can you?"

"I do believe that I told you that I did not dance."

"I thought you lied."

She didn't respond.

He had a firm grip on her waist, ensuring that she wouldn't attempts to run and call the authorities.

"How long are we going to dance?" She asked, as it had been almost an hour and her feet had started to ache.

"We only just started." He said grinning.

"My feet hurt." She said, wincing slightly at each step she took in her heels.

"You have stepped on my feet more times than I can count, I am not complaining."

"I apologise for my clumsiness." She said, looking down at her feet.

"May I cut in? I haven't had the honor of dancing with this lovely lady tonight." The Jungkook's interference forcing them to a stop.

"Why of course, it has been lovely dancing with you."

He pecked her on the cheek, but before pulling away he whispered, "Don't say a word, you wouldn't want to know the consequences." He walked off with a satisfied smirk on his face.

"Could we perhaps dance later? My feet are aching."

"You are able to dance with a stranger for an hour, yet when it comes to me your feet begin to ache."

"Were you watching me?"

"Not exactly, I just happened to notice that you looked rather uncomfortable, so I decided to cut in."

"What makes you think that I'd be any more comfortable with you?"

He just smiles.

"If it really means that much to you." She said sighing.

Jungkook placed his hands on her waist, her arms looped loosely around his neck.

What was she going to do? The culprit was in this very room, and she was letting him slip through her fingers.

"Do you perhaps know who was dancing with me earlier?" She asked.

"For some reason I don't recognise him. It's hard to recall with a mask covering his face."

"Are you claiming that you invite people you don't know?"

"Some of my guests do tend to bring plus ones. As spectacular as I am, I do not know everyone. But they are likely to know of me. Why do you ask?"

"I was just curious, as he didn't tell me his name."

"I wonder who that reminds me of."

They continue to dance, every now and then stepping on Jungkook's foot, but he acted as if nothing happened.

There was a tight knot in her stomach. Her head felt light and dizzy.

What if her mother wasn't safe? What if the culprit was only playing with her for a good laugh? What if she'd never see her mother again?

"My dear, are you alright? You look quite pale"

Jungkook pulled her to the other side of the ballroom, and had her sit down.

"What's wrong?"

She shakes her head.

"If you don't tell me, how will I be able to help you."

"There's nothing you can do."

"You wouldn't know, unless you let me try."

"Unfortunately there is nothing you can possibly do to resolve this, I'd prefer you leave me to collect my thoughts."

Sighing Jungkook left, not knowing what else to do or say.

She placed her face into her palms, closing her eyes.

She wished she could momentarily disappear. If only life worked like that.

"Why look so stressed?" The voice tormented.

She removed her hands, facing the masked man crouched in front of her.

"What do you want?"

"I don't see any need to rush."

"Who are you?" She questioned.

"Wouldn't that spoil the fun?"

"I do not find this fun." She replied sternly.

"Well my lady you have a poor sense of humour, but I do find it quite amusing. " He said.

"I'll do anything, just let her go."

"Anything? Are you sure about that my dear, because I am sure there is so much I could ask for that would not be to your liking."

"If it means the safe return of my mother, I'll do anything."

"You really do spoil the fun."

"I know just what to ask of you." He said with an eerie grin.